2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd November 2015, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Student Union Lucknow University

Here I am giving complete information regarding to Constitution for Student Union of Lucknow University for your reference:

Constitution for Student Union of Lucknow University
1. Name and Objects: - The Union shall be called the Lucknow University Student Union(LUSU). Cons t i tut ion of the Lucknow Univer s i ty Student Union shall be applicable to the Lucknow University only; Associate colleges should get their own Constitution drafted for student bodies.

2. The Objects of the Union shall be
(a) to promote the corporate, social and intellectual life of the students;
(b) to inculcate democratic traditions among students; and
(c) in general, to look after their welfare and interest.

3. The above mentioned objects shall be secured by
(a) holding debates, discussions on social and political problem of the day, symposia,
declamations, contests, organizing lectures of general interest, study circles, arranging
exhibitions and holding social gatherings;
(b) maintaining a Library, a Reading Room and a Refreshment Room;
(c) organizing indoor games, and providing other amenities of a club;
(d) initiating and organizing self-help and social service activities; and
(e) making representation to the authorities of the University on any matter affecting the welfare and interest of students.

4. (i) Membership: The members of the Union shall be
(a) Ordinary members (b) Associate members
(c) Honorary members (d) Life members

(ii) Every student enrolled in the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Education, Fine Arts, Law, Science and Institute of Management Sciences, except those belonging to the associated colleges, shall be an ordinary member of the Union and shall pay Rs.75/- per session as membership fee which shall be collected along with his university fees. Accordingly, students of the associated colleges shall not be members of the Lucknow University Student Union.

Constitution for Student Union of Lucknow University

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Constitution for Student Union of Lucknow University .pdf (235.8 KB, 83 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in