2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th May 2015, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

SSC Doubt

Hello sir I have applied for the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) exam but I have some doubt in the exam pattern of this exam so can you please provide me some details about the exam pattern and the syllabus of this Staff Selection Commission (SSC) exam so that I can clear my doubt?
Similar Threads
Thread
Doubt in medium
13th February 2020, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Re: SSC Doubt

Can you provide me the syllabus for Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineers Post Examination as i doubt if the syllabus is changed this time?
13th February 2020, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC Doubt

The Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Quantity Surveying & Contract) Examination Syllabus is as follows:

Paper-I

(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning: The Syllabus for General Intelligence would include
questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test may include questions on analogies,
similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision
making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.

(ii) General Awareness: Questions will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of
the environment around him/her and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to
test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in
their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include
questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.

(iii) General Engineering (Civil and Structural), (Electrical & Mechanical):

Part A- Civil Engineering

Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics,
Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering.
Structural Engineering: Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design.

Part-B -Electrical Engineering
Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring
instruments, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors,
Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing,
Utilization and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics.

Part-C
Mechanical Engineering – Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Properties of Pure Substances, 1st Law of Thermodynamics, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, IC Engines Combustion, IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System, Boilers, Classification, Specification, Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines.

Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Measurement of Flow rate, basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, Classification of steels

SSC Junior Engineers Exam Syllabus

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSC Junior Engineers Exam Syllabus.pdf (35.5 KB, 23 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in