2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

SSC CHSL Tips

I have completed my 12th and want to prepare for the SSC CHSL exam looking some tips to crack the SSC CHSL exam. Can you please provide me the exam pattern and strategy to crack SSC CHSL exam? Also suggest me some books for the SSC CHSL exam preparation?
Similar Threads
Thread
SSC CHSL OMR Sheet
Ssc chsl deo
SSC CHSL Key Answers
SSC CHSL DEO Pay Scale
When The Result of SSC CHSL
SSC CHSL update
Ssc chsl gs
SSC Result CHSL
SSC Key CHSL
About SSC CHSL
Ssc cr chsl
GK For SSC CHSL In Hindi
GK for SSC CHSL Exam
SSC CHSL Gk Pdf
How to Prepare for SSC CHSL
SSC CHSL Form
SSC CHSL Grade Pay
SSC CHSL LDC Pay Scale
How to know SSC CHSL Roll No
SSC CHSL Vacancy
8th January 2016, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Re: SSC CHSL Tips

Sir I am preparing for hte Staff Selection Commission (SSC) CHSL so can you please provide me some Tips for the same
8th January 2016, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC CHSL Tips

The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts a written test to recruit candidates for the posts of Lower Divisional Clerks and Data Entry Operators for the clerical work in the various departments of the Central Government.

SSC CHSL Tips

Try to plan your preparation 3-4 months ahead as it needs time to clear a competition exam

Always underline the important current affairs news in daily newspapers and maintain notes.

You should study according to syllabus and prepare topics as History, Geography, Culture, General Policy, Economic Scene & Scientific Research.

Go through the syllabus.

Mark the topics that you find difficult so that you can start working on it in the beginning. This will give you ample time to practice it and make it your strength.

The English section will be fairly easy for those who are fluent in the language and have studied it till class 10. This will consist of synonyms, antonyms, grammar, sentence formation/correction and passages.

Quantitative section tends to take more time to solve the questions. So save more time in other sections to keep more time for the quant section Practicing is key to score well in this section

Previous year’s question papers are a must to practice the right questions. This will help you understand the type and style of questions asked.

Exam Pattern

1. Objective Written Test (Tier – I)

Reasoning – 50 questions
Mathematics – 50 questions
General Knowledge – 50 questions
English – 50 questions
The Tier I test has a weightage of 200 marks where each question carries 1 mark. All the questions are objective type. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.

2. Descriptive Written Test (Tier – II)

Reasoning
Mathematics
General Knowledge
English
Each of these sections carries 50 marks and the number of questions in each section will be decided by the SSC. The entire exam has a weightage of 200 marks. There is no negative marking in this test.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in