2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th May 2015, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

SSC CHSL Geometry

I am preparing for the SSC CHSL exam. There is Geometry section in the exam. I am not good in this section. Can you please tell me about the important topics for the SSC CHSL Geometry section and if it is possible then also give me the study material for the same?
Similar Threads
Thread
SSC CHSL LDC DEO Result-15
Ssc chsl deo
Maharashtra Board SSC-X Geometry HOTS Questions
SSC Geometry important question paper
Algebra and Geometry Paper pattern for SSC Students
Ssc chsl gs
SSC Key CHSL
Maharashtra Board class 10th Geometry question papers
CAT Exam Geometry
SSC CGL Geometry Questions
About SSC CHSL
Ssc cr chsl
SSC CHSL Gk Pdf
Best GK Book for SSC CHSL
SSC CHSL Posts
SSC geometry cutoff
High School Geometry EOC
Geometry of two dimensions syllabus
Geometry For CAT Exam Ebook
Geometry for Cat Exam PDF
22nd January 2020, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

Re: SSC CHSL Geometry

Can you tell me if Geometry is a part of the syllabus of SSC CHSL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level) Tier – I Examination?
22nd January 2020, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC CHSL Geometry

Yes, Geometry is a part of the syllabus of SSC CHSL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level) Tier – I Examination.

SSC CHSL Tier – I Syllabus

English Language:

This section tests the candidates’ ability to understand correct grammar usage, vocabulary usage and basic comprehension skills. Some topics covered in English Language and Comprehension Section of SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam:
Synonyms

Antonyms

Homonyms

One Word Substitution

Sentence Completion

Spotting Errors

Sentence Improvement

Idioms & Phrases

Spelling Test

Reading comprehension

Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs

Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration

Shuffling of Sentence parts

Shuffling of Sentences in a passage

Cloze Passage

Fill in the Blanks

General Intelligence:
The questions are mainly the brain teasers and sometimes can be quite tricky to answer. The questions will be of both verbal and non-verbal type out of the following chapters:

Analogies – Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy

Classification – Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification

Trends

Space Orientation

Venn Diagrams

Drawing inferences

Series - Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series

Problem Solving

Emotional and Social Intelligence

Word Building

Coding and Decoding

Operations - Symbolic operations, Numerical operations

Punched hole/ pattern–folding & Un-folding

Figural Pattern–folding and completion

Embedded Figures

Critical thinking

Quantitative Aptitude:
The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. Below are the major topics covered in SSC CHSL Tier-I exam under the Quantitative Aptitude Section:

Number System: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.

Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.

Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.

Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.

Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base

Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in