2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th November 2016, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Duration

I would like to tell you that the duration of SSC CGL Tier 2 exam is 2 hours & 40 minutes and here I will also tell you exam pattern also.

Exam pattern

Tier-II of the examination would comprise four papers in total. Each paper would be for the duration of two hours. Of these four papers, two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II is compulsory for all the candidates.

Paper-I would be on Quantitative Ability (100 Questions) of 200 marks. Each question would carry two marks. Negative marks for each wrong answer would be 0.50 marks

Paper-II would be on English Language and Comprehension (200 Questions) of 200 Marks. Each question would carry one mark. 0.25 marks would be deducted for each wrong answer.

Paper-III would be on Statistics (100 Questions) of 200 marks. This paper will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of Statistical Investigator (now known as Junior Statistical Officer). Each question would carry two marks. 0.50 marks would be deducted for each wrong answer.

Paper-IV will be for those candidates who have applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) in C&AG. The said paper would comprise two parts i.e., Finance and Accounts for which there would be 40 questions carrying 80 marks and Economics and Governance which would have 60 questions carrying 120 marks.

In all there would be 100 questions carrying 200 Marks with each question carrying two marks. 0.50 marks would be deducted for each wrong answer. The paper will be for a duration of two hours.

Paper-I would be of 10th Standard level, Paper-II of 10+2 level and Paper-III & Paper-IV of graduation level.

Name of Subject Number of Questions Marks allotted in the section
Quantitative Aptitude
100 200

English Language and Comprehension
200 200

Mathematics/Statistics/Economics/Commerce
100 200

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in