2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th November 2014, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC board exam English medium question paper

Hi, as you want the English question paper of SSC board exam of English medium so here I am providing you

SSC board exam English question paper

Section - I

(Reading Skills, Vocabulary and Grammar)

Q.1. (A) Read the following passage and complete the activities given below: [10 marks]

A1. Name the following: With reference to the passage. (2)
(i) Two people who influenced Mashelkar ________.
(ii) The trust which granted scholarship to Mashelkar _______.
(iii) The Director of the Board of Tata Motors _______.
(iv) Principal Bhave demonstrated _______.

In fact, I remember, my passing the SSC Examination – i.e. 11th standard. Those days it used to be not 10th standard or 12th standard but 11th standard. I stood 11th among 1,35,000 but I was about to leave higher education and find a job. What helped me was the scholarship by
Sir Dorab Tata Trust. It was just 60 rupees per month and would you believe that 60 rupees per month from Tatas added so much value to my life that I have been able to stand here today before you to speak to you.
I am on the Board of Tatas now and it is very interesting that the same Bombay House where I used to go to collect that 60 rupees per month now one goes and sits there as a Director on the Board of Tata Motors. The turn that these 40 years has taken is very interesting. It has all been possible because of the chance I got to do higher studies at the insistence of my mother. She gave me values of my life. She was one of the noblest parents I have met in my life. So, my greatest guru was my mother. My second great guru was Principal Bhave, about whom I made a mention earlier. He taught us Physics. Because it was a poor school, I
remember, it had to innovate to convey to the young students the message of Science. I still remember one of the interesting experiences when, on a Friday afternoon, Principal Bhave took us out into the sun to demonstrate to us as to how to find the focal length of a convex lens. He had a piece of paper here, a convex lens here and he moved it up and down and there was a point when there was a sharp focus and a bright spot on the paper.
He showed the distance between paper and the lens and said that this distance was the focal length. But then the paper started burning. For some reason, he then turned to me, and said, “Mashelkar, if you focus your energies like this, you can burn anything in the world.”

A2. Supply the information from the passage. (2)
(i) Mashelkar could continue his studies because ________.
(ii) The teaching of Principal Bhave’s experiment was ________.
(iii) Mashelkar considers his mother as the greatest Guru because ________.
(iv) The paper started burning because ________.

A3. Word Register (from the passage) (2)
Prepare a word register for the word
Education - _______

A4. Modal Auxiliary

(i) I used to go to collect 60 rupees per month.
(Rewrite the sentence using Modal Auxiliary ‘would’) (1)

(ii) Reported Speech:
Principal Bhave said, “Mashelkar, if you focus your energies like this, you can burn anything in the world.”
(How will Mashelkar report this to his friend?) (1)

A5. Personal Response
What is the role played by our parents in shaping our career? (2)
(B) Read the passage and complete the activities given below: [10 marks]

Half question paper is in pdf file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSC board exam English question paper.pdf (160.4 KB, 377 views)
12th September 2015, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

i want 2013 history geography paper? maharashtra board english medium
18th February 2016, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

i want ssc exam bord papers year 2014-15 hindi,english,algebra,marathi,geometry plzzz send me papers

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in