2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

16th April 2015, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

SOM IIT Madras

What are the courses offered at the Department of Management Studies IIT Madras? Can I get admission into the MBA course of this college as I have completed the B.Tech course from a reputed college? What is the selection process of giving the admission into the MBA course? Also tell me what is the eligibility detail of MBA course of Department of Management Studies IIT Madras?
Similar Threads
Thread
Rsi iit madras
MSC in IIT Madras
IIT Madras TI
HPC IIT Madras
GIS IIT Madras
IIT KGP Vs IIT Madras
How To Get Into IIT Madras
Is There MCA In IIT Madras
IIT Madras SRF
JEE IIT Madras
Madras IIT MBA
Indian Institute Of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) MBA
MS Phd IIT Madras
MBA IIT Madras
IIT Madras BBA
IIT Madras VSC
IIT Madras NSS
MBA at IIT Madras
KV IIT Madras
CEP IIT Madras
26th July 2018, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Re: SOM IIT Madras

I want to get admission in MBA in School of Management, IIT Madras so can you tell me the selection criteria of admission?
26th July 2018, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SOM IIT Madras

The Department of Management Studies (DoMS), IIT Madras offers MBA program of duration 2 years.

MBA eligibility -

Graduates (or professional qualification equivalent to that of a University degree recognized by the UGC) in any discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PD) earned in their degree from a recognized/reputed University.

Final year students (of the above mentioned programme) are also eligible to apply.

Valid score in the Common Admissions Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management.

IIT Graduates who have obtained a CGPA of 8 and above on 10 are exempted from CAT score.

MBA Selection Criteria-

Short listing Process

Composite Score will be calculated with due weights to

CAT score,
Past academic performance,
Work experience,
Diversity
Gender.

Applicants will be shortlisted based on the composite score. Relaxation for all categories according to GOI norms will be followed.

Selection Procedure

Candidates from all categories shortlisted based on the composite score shall be called for Personal Interview to a given location

The final selection will be based on the following with due weights to each of the components:

Written Ability Test (WAT)
Personal interview (PI)
Composite score

Contact-

IIT Madras Department Of Management Studies
Delhi Avenue, Gajendra Circle, Indian Institute Of Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036

Phone: +91 44 22574550
Fax: +91 44 22574552

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in