2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th November 2015, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Solapur University M Sc Biotech Syllabus

M. Sc I Biotechnology Revised syllabus (New CGPA semester pattern) of Solapur University as my exams are near by and you need it for preparation of exam is as follows:

M. Sc. Biotechnology (Semester –I)

PAPER NO. I MICROBIOLOGY

UNIT-I: Microbial Taxonomy
History of Bergey’s Manual, Prokaryotic Domains, Taxonomic ranks, Traditional and Modern methods of prokaryote Identification, General outline of Numerical and Polyphasic Taxonomy, Bacterial Nomenclature, Type Strain, Major Bacterial Culture collection units, Introduction to PHYLIP software.

UNIT-II: Microbial Diversity
General characters of oxygenic and anoxygenic Photosynthetic microbes, Magnetotactic bacteria, Methanogenic archaebacteria. Gram positive and gram negative pathogenic bacteria, Extremophiles: General characters (origin, habitat, molecular adaptations) and examples of Extremophiles: Acidophiles, Alkalophiles, Thermophiles, Psychrophiles, Barophiles, Halophiles, Barophiles (Piezophiles), Xerophiles, Radiophiles, Metallophiles, Endoliths, and Osmophiles. Applications of Extremophiles.

UNIT-III: Microbial Techniques
Simple and differential, fluorescent, negative; Structural staining: capsule, spore, cell wall and reserve food material. Fungal staining. Sterilization: Physical and chemical methods. Cultivation of microorganisms: culture media and types of culture media. Isolation of microorganism: serial dilutions, streak plate, pour plate & spread plate. Characterization & identification of colonies, Preservation of cultures.

UNIT-IV: Mycology
Etimology, History, Characteristics, Classification, Morphology-Microscopic structure and macroscopic structure. Diversity, Growth and physiology, Reproduction, Mycotoxins, Symbiosyswith plant, cyanobacteria and algae, insects; Pathogensis and Industrial Applications.

UNIT-V: Virology
Classification of viruses, Isolation, Cultivation and Enumeration of Bacteriophages, Cultivation of Animal viruses by using- Egg inoculation, Animal cell culture and Live animals. Electron microscopy (SEM & TEM), Reproduction of Viruses: Lytic cycle (T phage, phage θ-X 174), Lysogenic cycle (λ, and Mu1 phages), Replication of viruses: ssRNA + stranded (Polio), ssRNA - stranded (Influenza), dsRNA(HIV), ssDNA(Parvo), dsDNA(Hepatitis B); Plant viruses- reproduction of TMV

Solapur University M Sc Biotech Syllabus

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Solapur University M Sc Biotech Syllabus.pdf (182.1 KB, 708 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in