2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Soil Mechanics NPTEL IIT Guwahati

Is there any collaboration between IIT Guwahati and NPTEL? I want to get information about courses with discipline of Soil Mechanics. So pls provide me official admission prospectus for Soil Mechanics Program offering by NPTEL at the IIT Guwahati Campus? Give contact information of this campus of IIT.
Similar Threads
Thread
ICAR JRF Syllabus for Soil Science
TNAU Soil Science
Angrau Soil Science
Soil MBA
Soil Type
Soil MBA Program
SOIL MBA Fees
Indian Institute Of Soil Science Job
Soil mba
IIT Guwahati NPTEL
Soil testing TNAU
Soil Science TNAU
NPTEL IIT Guwahati Data Structure
NPTEL IIT Guwahati Fluid Mechanics
NPTEL IIT Guwahati Data Structures
ARS NET Soil Science Books
Syllabus of NET for soil science
ARS-NET Soil Sciences paper
ARS-NET Soil Sciences study material
ARS-NET Soil Sciences books
16th July 2018, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Re: Soil Mechanics NPTEL IIT Guwahati

Hi buddy here I am looking for info related to IIT Guwahati NPTEL Soil Mechanics course so would you plz let me know about the same here ??
16th July 2018, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati established in 1994, is the sixth member of the IIT fraternity.

As you want here I am telling IIT Guwahati NPTEL web course on "Soil Mechanics" is meant to be an additional learning resource for undergraduate students of Civil Engineering , and is not intended to be as voluminous as a textbook.

NPTEL web course on "Soil Mechanics" introduces the basic principles of engineering behaviour of soils, and by the end of this course students should be able to:

Give an engineering classification of a given soil.

Understand the principle of effective stress, and then calculate stresses that influence soil behaviour.

Calculate water flow through ground, and understand the effects of seepage on the stability of structures.

Determine soil deformation parameters, and calculate settlement magnitude and rate of settlement.

Appreciate the difference between total and effective stress approaches in soil strength determination , and discriminate between drained and undrained conditions.

Specify soil compaction requirements.

Conduct laboratory tests, and obtain soil properties and parameters from the test observations and results.

Facilities

Central Library
Computer Centre
Laboratories
Accommodation
Health Care
Sports and Recreation

Faculties

Faculty of Biotechnology
Faculty of Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Chemistry
Faculty of Civil Engineering
Faculty of Computer Science & Engg.
Faculty of Design
Faculty of Electronics & Electrical Engg.
Faculty of Humanities & Social Sc.
Faculty of Mathematics
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Physics

Address
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IIT)
City : Guwahati
State : Assam
Contact No : 0361-2583000
Contact Email : pro@iitg.ernet.in
30th November 2019, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

I want to get the details of Soil Mechanics course of National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning NPTEL IIT Guwahati so can you provide me?
30th November 2019, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

I am providing you the details of Soil Mechanics course of National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning NPTEL IIT Guwahati

NPTEL IIT Guwahati Soil Mechanics course

This web course on "Soil Mechanics" is meant to be an additional learning resource for undergraduate students of Civil Engineering , and is not intended to be as voluminous as a textbook. It encourages the current trend of integrating e-learning with the usual teaching approach that includes classroom lectures, assignments, and laboratory hands-on experiments. Students may enjoy the experience of being in a community of learners without face-to-face interaction with the instructor.

The course introduces the basic principles of engineering behaviour of soils, and by the end of this course students should be able to:

Give an engineering classification of a given soil.

Understand the principle of effective stress, and then calculate stresses that influence soil behaviour.

Calculate water flow through ground, and understand the effects of seepage on the stability of structures.

Determine soil deformation parameters, and calculate settlement magnitude and rate of settlement.

Appreciate the difference between total and effective stress approaches in soil strength determination , and discriminate between drained and undrained conditions.

Specify soil compaction requirements.

Conduct laboratory tests, and obtain soil properties and parameters from the test observations and results.

Modules-

Introduction

Phase Relations Of Soils

Soil Classification

Formation of Clay Minerals

Stresses in the Ground

Permeability of Soils

Seepage in Soils

Compression and Consolidation of Soils

Shear Strength of Soils

Compaction of Soils

APPENDIX I : Experiments

APPENDIX II : Additional Reading

Contact-

Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
Near Doul Gobinda Road, Amingaon, North Guwahati, Guwahati, Assam 781039
0361 258 3000

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in