2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th May 2015, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Sc Jurisprudence

I am sourabh agrawal. I want to know about South Carolina Jurisprudence (SC Jurisprudence). Please provide me detail about this and how it work in South Carolina? Please provide me information about this?
Similar Threads
Thread
Jurisprudence Notes Mumbai University
Islamic Schools of Jurisprudence
26th July 2018, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Re: Sc Jurisprudence

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About the Supreme Court of the Philippines Jurisprudence - Supreme Court Cases India ?
26th July 2018, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Sc Jurisprudence

The Supreme Court of the Philippines is the progeny of the tribunal established by Act No. 136 of the Philippine Commission on June 11, 1901. There is no umbilical cord joining the Supreme Court to the Real Audiencia de Manila set up by the Spaniards or the Audiencia Territorial de Manila constituted by Major General Elwell Otis. These audiencias, however, serve as backdrops and proper perspectives in retelling the history of the present Supreme Court.

Jurisprudence - Supreme Court Cases - India

A.K. Gopalan v. The State of Madras. Union Of India: Intervener, 1950 SCR 88.

(May 19, 1950).

The plaintiff was detained under the Preventive Detention Act (Act IV of 1950). The plaintiff applied under article 32 of the constitution for a writ of hapeas corpus for release from detention, on the grounds that the act was unconstitutional, and went against article 13, 19, 21, 22. He claimed that his detention was illegal.

The court held that the act, with the exception of section 14, was not in contravene of the articles of constitution, and since the invalidity of section 14 did not affect the validity of the whole act, the detention was not illegal.

Section 14 of the Preventive Detention Act, 1950, contravenes the provisions of Art. 9.9. (5) of the Constitution in so far as it prohibits a person detained from disclosing to the Court the grounds on which a detention order has been made or the representation made by him against the order of detention, and is to that extent ultra vires and void.

For more Information you may Consider the below Attachement that is Free to Download
Attached Files
File Type: doc Supreme Court of the Philippines Jurisprudence.doc (79.0 KB, 76 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in