2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd April 2016, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

SBI PO Roles And Responsibilities

I want to build my career in banking line and for this I have decided to give the SBI probationary officer (PO) exam want this post details. Will you tell me what the Roles And Responsibilities of SBI PO and also tell me what the basic pay and other allowances given to the SBI PO Post?
Similar Threads
Thread
Roles And Responsibilities Of Information Technology Department
Duties and Responsibilities of A Teacher
Business Analyst Roles and Responsibilities
MPSC Gov Duties Responsibilities
MBA Roles
MBA roles in it industry
Information Technology Operations Department Responsibilities
GRE Duties and Responsibilities
IFS officer duties and responsibilities
MBA HR Responsibilities
Ross MBA internship MBA Internship Roles
2nd April 2016, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Re: SBI PO Roles And Responsibilities

The job of a bank probationary officer (PO) is considered as a lucrative career option and a white collar job.

You should know that a bank probationary officer post is the entry level position at which a bank officer starts work after posting.

The job profile of SBI PO is little bit different from Bank PO of other banks; the reason is that SBI is a very vast bank and having various types of outfits and dimensions of banking.

A SBI PO goes rigorous training to understand nitty-gritty of banking, there is much more focus on training in SBI as compared to other banks.

Role of Probationary Officers (PO) in banks

POs are the talented young officers who have ample of potential and a great zeal to work faster and perform better than others.

SBI POs are trained for accounting, marketing, investment, billing, finance, human resources, forex, agriculture banking, general banking, etc.

Job roles and responsibilities:

Multitasking job
Customer services
Supervision of Clerical work
Loan Processing

Basic Pay of a Bank PO will be Rs.23, 700/-

In addition to Basic Pay Pos are eligible for the following allowances:-

1. Dearness Allowance (DA)
Special Allowance: This has been added in 10th BPS and for scale I is 7.75% on which DA is also payable

3. HRA (House Rent Allowance): This depends on the place of posting and it can be either 9.0% or 8.0% or 7.0% depending on the place of posting.

4. CCA (City Compensatory Allowance): This also depends on the place of posting and can be either 4% (maximum Rs.870/-) or 3 %( Maximum Rs.600/-) or 0%

At last a probationary officer has to work in various departments.

It can be:

Deposits, Loans & Advances
Clearing
Pensions
Payment and Cheque clearances
Fixed Deposit
ATM and Internet Banking
Credit Card
Report Making, etc.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in