2024 2025 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st May 2015, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Re: SBI DD Charges Commission

I am looking for details about SBI (State Bank of India) DD (Demand Draft) Charges Commission so please provide me the same?
21st May 2015, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Demand Draft is also called a prepaid negotiable instrument and the bank or simply DD, which prepares it, usually takes the obligation of payment to the party, whenever it is presented for payment.
SBI latest DD Charges applicable in India:
Facility for Demand Draft in State Bank of India:
• With the types of modernization and state-of-the-art banking, SBI has made available to the customers, now anyone can fill up the demand draft form and present it at the single window counter and after paying the amount for the demand draft and charges, he can buy the negotiable instrument- demand draft.
• There is no need to apply and wait for a time gap of two-three hours for a demand draft.
Charges payable for Demand Draft in State Bank of India:
Up to Rs 10,000; charges is Rs 30
For amount of more than Rs 10,000, 0.25% would be charged. Minimum charge for this charge is Rs 100.
Cancellation charges of Demand Draft by SBI:
No cancellation charges are usually for D/D of Rs 500. If it is more than that, a flat rate of Rs 100 is deducted from the amount of the demand dr
21st November 2019, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the fee charged for DD (Demand Draft) in SBI (State Bank of India)? Also tell me about the DD Cancellation Charges of SBI (State Bank of India)?
21st November 2019, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

A DD (Demand Draft) is a negotiable instrument issued by a bank. The person who issues the draft is called drawer and the person on whose name it is issued is the payee (beneficiary).

A demand draft is similar to a bill of exchange issued on demand by the payee. It is payable on demand. The draft directs another bank or branch to pay the mentioned amount to the payee at a certain time and place.

Banks charge a small fee for issuing a demand draft. This fee is charged as per the amount of the draft. There is a category which defines the minimum and maximum limit of the demand draft fee. DD charges also vary on the basis of mode of payment to the bank, i.e. cash or cheque.

Demand Draft Charges for Payment through Cheque:

Up to Rs. 5,000
Rs. 25 + GST

From Rs. 5,000 to Rs, 10,000
Rs. 50 + GST

From Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 1 lakh
Rs. 5 per part of Rs. 1,000 which is Min. Rs. 55 & Max. Rs. 15,000

SBI DD Charges: Demand Draft Charges for Cash Payment:

Up to Rs. 5,000

From Rs. 5,000 to Rs, 10,000

From Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 1 lakh

No cash handling SBI DD charges will be levied in addition to the previously explained charges for a cash transaction.

SBI DD Cancellation Charges

Demand Draft-Cancellation/ Revalidation: ₹ 200/- +GST
Demand Draft-Duplicate: ₹ 200/- +GST

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in