Hello, here I am providing you the practice paper of SAT exam as under:

1. 3x + y = 19 , and x + 3y = 1.
Find the value of 2x + 2y

A. 20
B. 18
C. 11
D. 10
E. 5

2. The price of a cycle is reduced by 25 per cent. The new price is reduced by a further 20 per cent. The two reductions together are equal to a single reduction of

A. 45%
B. 40%
C. 35%
D. 32.5%
E. 30%

3. x and y are integers
x + y < 11 , and x > 6
What is the smallest possible value of x - y ?

A. 1
B. 2
C. 4
D. -2
E. -4

4. The mostA important skill I had learnedB in my two years ofC senior high school was toD direct the course of my own studies. No errorE.

A.
B.
C.
D.
E.

5. Scientific advances over the last fifty years have ledA to revolutionary changes in health, agriculture and communication, andB generally enhancingC socio-economic development and the quality of our livesD. No errorE.

A.
B.
C.
D.
E.

6. This detailed yetA readable biography is well researched andB provides valuable insight toC the facts thatD motivated the famous philosopher. No errorE.

A.
B.
C.
D.
E.

7. I have nearlyA written all the new tests forB inclusion in the revised edition of my book, and hope to finishC the work withinD a week. No errorE.

A.
B.
C.
D.
E.

8. The series of letters that Margaret wrote to her father containsA a valuable commentary onB the prevailing social conditions and attitudes that lead to herC leaving home at suchD a young age. No errorE.

A.
B.
C.
D.
E.

9. Edward was understandably upset that he had lost the position, but he was ____ by the conviction that he had done nothing to ____ the dismissal.

A. consoled - merit
B. warmed - avoid
C. comforted - mar
D. miffed - delay
E. saddened - earn

10. Elinor ____ to counteract her negative feelings, but only succeeded in ____ them.

A. tried - allaying
B. hoped - mitigating
C. desired - ameliorating
D. hesitated - deprecating
E. endeavoured - intensifying

11. She was roundly condemned for her ____ ; she betrayed the woman to whom she owed her success.

A. truculence
B. perfidy
C. serendipity
D. pragmatism
E. discernment

12. The progress of the disease is ____ ; it spreads stealthily without any symptoms in the early stages.

A. dramatic
B. acute
C. blatant
D. insidious
E. inexorable

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in