2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd November 2017, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Sarguja University Bilaspur

The syllabus of Diploma in Pharmacy (Part-I and Part-II) Program offered by Sarguja University, Ambikapur (C.G.) is as follows:

DIPLOMA IN PHARMACY (PART I)

1.1 PHARMACEUTICS I

Theory (75 hours)

1. Introduction of different dosage forms. Their classification with examples-their relative applications Familiarisation with new drug delivery systems

2. Introduction to Pharmacopoeias with special reference to the Indian Pharmacopoeia.

3. MetrologySystems of weights and measures. Calculations including conversion from one to another system Percentage calculations and adjustments of products Use of alligation method in calculations, Isotonic solutions.

4. Packing of PharmaceuticalsDesirable features of containertypes of containers. Study of glass and plastics as materials for containers and rubber as material for closures-their merits and demerits Introduction to aerosol packaging

5. Size reduction Objectives, and factors affecting size reduction, methods of size reductionStudy of Hammer mill, Ball mill, Fluid Enegy Mill and Disintegrator.

6. Size separationSize separation by sifting. Official Standard for powders Sedimentation methods of size separation Construction and working of cyclone separator

7. Mixing and HomogenisationLiquid mixing and powder mixing, Mixing of semisolids, Study of Silverson MixerHomogeniser, Planetary Mixer; Agitated powder mixer; Triple Roller Mill; Propeller Mixer, Colloid Mill and Hand Homogeniser. Double cone mixer

8. Clarification and Filtration Theory of filtration, Filter media; Filter aids and selection of filters. Study of the following filtration equipmentsFilter Press, Sintered Filters, Filter Candles, Metafilter.

9. Extraction and Galenicals(a) Study of percolation and maceration and their modification, continuous hot extractionApplications in the preparation of tinctures and extracts. (b) Introduction to Ayurvedic dosage forms.

10. Heat processes EvaporationDefinition Factors affecting evaporation Study of evaporating still and Evaporating Pan.

11. DistillationSimple distillation and Fractional distillation; Steam distillation and vacuum distillation. Study of vacuum still, preparation of Purified Water I.P. and water for injection I.P. Construction and working of the still used for the same.

12. Introduction to drying processesStudy of Tray Dryers: Fluidized Bed Dryer, Vacuum Dryer and Freeze Dryer.

13. SterilizationConcept of sterilization and its differences from disinfection Thermal resistance of micro organisms. Detailed study of the following sterilization process
(i) Sterilization with moist heat,
(ii) Dry heat sterilization,
(iii) Sterilization by radiation,
(iv) Sterilization by filtration and
(v) Gaseous sterilization.
Aseptic techniques: Application of sterilization processes in hospitals particularly with reference to surgical dressings and intravenous fluids. Precautions for safe and effective handling of sterilization equipment

14. Processing of Tablets-Definition; Different types of compressed tablets and their properties. Processes involved in the production of tablets; Tablets excipients; Defects in tablets. Evaluation of Tablets; Physical Standards including Disintegration and Dissolution Tablet coatingsugar coating; film coating, enteric coating and micro encapsulation (Tablet coating may be dealt in an elementary manner.)

15. Processing of CapsulesHard and soft gelatin capsules; different sizes capsules; filling of capsules; handling and storage of capsules, Special applications of capsules.

16. Study of immunological products like sera vaccines, toxoids & their preparations.

Syllabus Diploma in Pharmacy (Part-I and Part-II) Sarguja University, Ambikapur

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in