2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

RTU First Year Syllabus

I am a student in RTU as a first year Engineering student and the dates regarding our first year examination has been announced. So now I need to prepare for my examination. So I would like you to provide me with a complete syllabus which I am looking for.
Similar Threads
Thread
MDU LLB 3 year Syllabus
BA 1st Year Syllabus MDU Rohtak
BCA 1st Year Syllabus
JNVU LLB 2nd Year Syllabus
DCE 2nd Year Syllabus
DTU First Year Syllabus
RTU 2nd Year Syllabus
B.Com 2nd Year Syllabus
IIT CSE 1st Year Syllabus
First Year Syllabus DTU
IIT BHU 1st Year Syllabus
DTU 2nd Year Syllabus
NITRR 1st Year Syllabus
First Year MBA Syllabus
IIT Kgp 1st year syllabus
PTU First Year Syllabus
Syllabus for 1st Year MBA-HR
BDS Second Year Syllabus
Syllabus Of ME 2nd Year UTU
14th May 2018, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Re: RTU First Year Syllabus

My sister has passed class 12th from CBSE Board in Science stream and now wants to do B.Tech from Rajasthan Technical University (RTU). So she has applied for admission. She is looking for detailed syllabus of first year course, so do you have any idea how she can download detailed syllabus of B.Tech Course of Rajasthan Technical University (RTU)?
14th May 2018, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Re: RTU First Year Syllabus

As you are looking to download detailed syllabus of B.Tech 1st Year Course offering by Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), so here I am providing syllabus:

Rajasthan Technical University (RTU) B.Tech First Year Syllabus:

MA-101 Engineering Mathematics-I
HU-101/ HU-103 Communication Skills / Human Values
PY-101/ CY-101 Engineering Physics/ Engineering Chemistry
CS-101 Computer Programming-I
CE-101 Environmental Engineering and Disaster Management

MA-101 ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS-I
Differential Calculus:
Asymptotes (Cartesian coordinates only), concavity, convexity and point of inflection,
Curve tracing (Cartesian and standard Polar curves- Cardioids, Lemniscates of Bernoulli,
Limacon, Equiangular Spiral only).
Limit, continuity and differentiability of functions of two variables, Partial differentiation,
Eulers theorem on homogeneous functions, change of variables, chain rule, Gradient,
Directional derivative, Tangent planes and Normals.
Taylors theorem (two variables), approximate calculations, Jacobian, maxima & minima of
two and more independent variables, Lagranges method of multipliers.

Integral Calculus:
Double integral, change of order of integration, Double integral by changing into Polar
form, Applications of Double integrals for evaluating areas & volumes, triple integral; Beta
function and Gamma function (simple properties).

Vector Calculus:
Scalar and vector field, differentiation & integration of vector functions: Gradient,
Divergence, Curl and Differential Operator; Line, Surface and Volume integrals; Greens
theorem in a plane, Gausss and Stokes theorem (without proof) and their applications.

HU-101 COMMUNICATION SKILLS

Communication: Meaning, Importance and Cycle of Communication, Media and Types of
Communication, Formal and Informal Channels of Communication, Barriers to
Communication, Division of Human Communication and Methods to Improve
Interpersonal Communication, Qualities of Good Communication.

Grammar: Passive Voice, Indirect Speech, Conditional Sentences, Modal Verbs, Linking
Words.

Composition: Curriculum Vitae Writing, Business Letter Writing, Job Application Writing,
Paragraph Writing, Report Writing.

Short Stories: The Luncheon by Somerset Maugham, How much Land does a Man
Need? by Leo Tolstoy, The Night Train at Deoli by Ruskin Bond.

Poems: No Men are Foreign by James Kirkup, If by Rudyard Kipling, Where the Mind is
without Fear by Rabindranath Tagore.

HU-103 HUMAN VALUES
Course Introduction - Need, Basic Guidelines, Content and Process for Value
Education:
Understanding the need, basic guidelines, content and process for Value Education
Self Explorationwhat is it? - its content and process; Natural Acceptance and
Experiential Validation- as the mechanism for self exploration
Continuous Happiness and Prosperity- A look at basic Human Aspirations
Right understanding, Relationship and Physical Facilities- the basic requirements for
fulfillment of aspirations of every human being with their correct priority
Understanding Happiness and Prosperity correctly- A critical appraisal of the current scenario
Method to fulfill the above human aspirations: understanding and living in harmony at various levels

Understanding Harmony in the Human Being - Harmony in Myself
Understanding human being as a co-existence of the sentient I and the material Body
Understanding the needs of Self (I) and Body - Sukh and Suvidha
Understanding the Body as an instrument of I (I being the doer, seer and enjoyer)
Understanding the characteristics and activities of I and harmony in I Understanding the
harmony of I with the Body: Sanyam and Swasthya; correct appraisal of Physical needs,
meaning of Prosperity in detail
Programs to ensure Sanyam and Swasthya

Understanding Harmony in the Family and Society- Harmony in Human-Human
Relationship:
Understanding harmony in the Family- the basic unit of human interaction
Understanding values in human-human relationship; meaning of Nyaya and program for
its fulfillment to ensure Ubhay-tripti;
Trust (Vishwas) and Respect (Samman) as the foundational values of relationship
Understanding the meaning of Vishwas; Difference between intention and competence
Understanding the meaning of Samman, Difference between respect and differentiation;
the other salient values in relationship
Understanding the harmony in the society (society being an extension of family):
Samadhan, Samridhi, Abhay, Sah-astitva as comprehensive Human Goals
Visualizing a universal harmonious order in society- Undivided Society (AkhandSamaj),
Universal Order (Sarvabhaum Vyawastha )- from family to world family!

Understanding Harmony in the Nature and Existence - Whole existence as Coexistence:
Understanding the harmony in the Nature
Interconnectedness and mutual fulfillment among the four orders of nature- recyclability
and self-regulation in nature
Understanding Existence as Co-existence (Sah-astitva) of mutually interacting units in all pervasive
space
Holistic perception of harmony at all levels of existence

Implications of the above Holistic Understanding of Harmony on Professional Ethics:
Natural acceptance of human values
Definitiveness of Ethical Human Conduct
Basis for Humanistic Education, Humanistic Constitution and Humanistic Universal
Order
Competence in Professional Ethics:
a) Ability to utilize the professional competence for augmenting universal human order,
b) Ability to identify the scope and characteristics of people-friendly and eco-friendly
production systems, technologies and management models
Case studies of typical holistic technologies, management models and production systems
Strategy for transition from the present state to Universal Human Order:
a) At the level of individual: as socially and ecologically responsible engineers,
technologists and managers

PY-101 ENGINEERING PHYSICS
Interference of light: Michelsons Interferometer: Production of circular & straight line
fringes; Determination of wavelength of light; Determination of wavelength separation of
two nearby wavelengths. Optical technology: Elementary idea of anti-reflection coating and
interference filters.

Diffraction and Polarization of light: Fraunhofer Diffraction at Single Slit. Diffraction
grating: Construction, theory and spectrum; Determination of wavelength of light.

Resolving power: Raleigh criterion; Resolving power of diffraction grating and telescope.
Plane, circularly and elliptically polarized light on the basis of electric (light) vector: Malus
law; Double Refraction; Phase retardation plates and their use in production and detection
of circularly and elliptically polarized light; Optical activity and laws of optical rotation;
specific rotation and its measurement using half-shade device.

Elements of Material Science: Bonding in solids; covalent bonding and Metallic bonding;
Classification of solids as Insulators, Semiconductors and Conductors; X-Ray diffraction
and Braggs Law. Hall Effect: Theory, Hall Coefficient and applications.

Quantum Mechanics: Compton effect & quantum nature of light; Derivation of time
dependent and time independent Schrodingers Wave Equation; Physical interpretation of
wave function and its properties; boundary conditions; Particle in one dimensional box.
Coherence and Optical Fibers: Spatial and temporal coherence; Coherence length;
Coherence time and ‘Q factor for light; Visibility as a measure of Coherence and spectral
purity; Optical fiber as optical wave guide; Numerical aperture; Maximum angle of
acceptance and applications of optical fiber.

Laser and Holography: Theory of laser action; Einsteins coefficients; Components of
laser; Threshold conditions for laser action; Theory, Design and applications of He-Ne and
semiconductor lasers; Holography versus photography, Basic theory of holography; basic
requirement of a Holographic laboratory; Applications of Holography in microscopy and
interferometry.

Tags
rajasthan board

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in