2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th December 2015, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: RRB Ahmedabad JE

Here as per your demand I am providing you syllabus of Junior Engineer Post (Civil Engineer) of RRB
General Intelligence & Reasoning:-
Number Series, syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-decoding, Direction sense test, Blood relations, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, Arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding. Statement conclusion, Word Building, Seating arrangement, Clock, Calendar. Similarities and differences, analogy, space visualization / orientation. Decision making, visual memory.

Arithmetic:-

Algebra, Interests, Ratio & proportion, percentage, Pipes & Cisterns, Mensuration, Age problems, Data Interpretation, time and distance / work, profit & loss.
General Awareness:-
Question will be asked from Railway, Rail Budget and New Technologies & Reform in Indian Railway. Indian – History, Polity, Geography, Economy Current affairs, sports etc.

Civil Engineering Syllabus: –

Questions will be asked from General Civil Engineering. Topics includes Construction/ Structure Engineering and drawing, Estimating, Costing and Valuation & Building Materials, Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Concrete Structures, Steel Structures, Hydraulics, Hydrology, Construction, Water requirements, Highway Planning, Traffic Engineering, Surveying, Coordinate system, Projections, Errors and adjustments, curves, Environmental Engineering, measurements of distance and directions.

JE Exam pattern

The examination is Objective type
Duration of the exam is 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours
The exam paper consists of 150 Multiple Choice Questions
Negative marking of 1/3 mark will deduct for wrong answers
The paper consists of two sections i.e.
(a) General Ability
General Intelligence and reasoning
General Awareness
Arithmetic
B) Technical ability / General science

Quick Reply