2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

RNTC Exam

My brother wants to apply for the Indian Railway Non Technical Cadre Exam conducted by the UPSC. I want to help him. Can you please share the application procedure to apply for the UPSC Indian Railway Non Technical Cadre Exam (RNTC)?
22nd June 2018, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Re: RNTC Exam

I want to apply for Indian Railway Non-Technical Cadre Exam (RNTC) Exam so can you provide me the details of the exam?
22nd June 2018, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Re: RNTC Exam

Railway Non-Technical Cadre Exam RNTC Exam is conducted every year by different Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) for recruitment of non-technical cadre in Class III (or Group C) services in the Indian Railways.

RNTC Exam Eligibility:

For the lowest grades to these categories the prescribed qualification is generally matriculation.

For some posts like Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Assistant Station Master, Clerk Grade I, Guards, etc., prescribed qualification is a Bachelors degree from a recognized University.

The aspiring candidates should be between 18 years to 27 years of age.

RNTC Syllabus:

Non-Technical Cadre Exam conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards basically comprises of the following subjects:

General English (and/or Hindi)
Mathematics
General Knowledge
General Intelligence

The syllabus of the above mentioned subjects are given as under:

General English: Questions on General English are designed to test the candidates correct usage of prepositions, words and phrases, comprehension, transformation of simple sentences, punctuation, tenses and parts of speech.

Mathematics: Questions on Mathematics are designed to test accuracy and rapidity.

General Knowledge: Candidates are expected to possess a broad knowledge of current events and matters of general interest, particularly related to India, including Indian Railways.

General Intelligence: Whos Who, Sports, Entertainment, Indian History and Geography, Discoveries and Inventions. Elementary Knowledge of Computers.
Railway Non-Technical Cadre Exam Pattern:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in