2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd December 2014, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Recruitment in RAW through UPSC exam

RAW recruit directly through Staff Selection Commission by the examination called Deputy field officer under the cabinet of secretary, Cabinet secretary post , but as you want it possible through UPSC exam, so I want to tell you that , top IAS exams are invited for it but its not so easy. so here I am telling you related info:

RAW exam conducted by UPSC in the every year. RAW department comes under IB (Intelligence Bureau):

Eligibility
You must have degree with 60%

Not exceeds 33 years for OBC candidates
Not exceeds 35 years for SC/St candidates

Height:
You must have 165 Cm

Selection Process:
Written exam

Technical round

Physical tests

Medical tests

Personal interview
Syllabus
1.English

2.General knowledge

3.Aptitude

4.Current affairs

5.Politics

6.Economics

7.Social and history

Address
UPSC, Man Singh Road Area
New Delhi, Delhi ‎

[MAP]https://www.google.co.in/maps?q=UPSC,+New+Delhi,+Delhi&hl=en&ll=28.607921,7 7.225304&spn=0.008797,0.016243&sll=31.2559,75.7035 68&sspn=0.008566,0.016243&oq=UPSC+&hnear=UPSC,+Man +Singh+Road+Area,+New+Delhi,+Delhi&t=m&z=16[/MAP]
8th August 2015, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

how to i join raw ajency

respected sir, iam kunal khatri in class 10th and i am intrested in raw.
so how i will join raw ajency. so sir give my answer in my email.
kunalk8675@gmail.com

thanks
kunal khatri
23rd September 2019, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi buddy I want to know how Recruitment possible in RAW through UPSC exam , if you know then would you plz let me know about the same as I want to join RAW??
23rd September 2019, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

R & AW is an independent body it has the lot of power to select candidates as they wish to for a candidate, sometime R & AW recruiting their agents and officers from different government sector like Army, IPS, IB, IAS, CBI, or directly from different Institutes/ Universities (For Special works).

As you asking for Recruitment in RAW through UPSC exam so I am telling you need to Give UPSC-Civil Services Exam, get good rank enough to become IPS officer, serve in your allocated cadre for sometime, then go to IB on probation. Here there are 2 options- one, if you have exceptional capabilities and better track record in ibIB and if you wish, you may be absorbed into IB(HQ)-Intelligence Bureau-Headquarter Cadre in which you serve in IB for your whole tenure. Second is you may return to your state cadre. There is a separate service created for RAW called RAS-Research and Analysis Service,in which other group A service officers are inducted.There is not much known about their induction process but it is told that they recruit from all central services, AIS and defense services in RAS.

RAW agents are highly secretive. They work as teams and in isolation too.

They are posted on either desk jobs, which involves working on super comps and gathering incoming info, analyzing it and submitting the relevant ones to the Director of RAW.

While the second one is filed posting. Field agents are sent to Pakistan, China and all over the world to gather intel on impending enemy strikes or nefarious designs against India and sending back that intel to RAW headquarters in the South block through NON TRACKER phones, SAT Phones, VOIP or Physical conduits.

The cover is most important for their efficient working, if its blown, then they are sure to be tortured and later die a painful death, as in the case of Late Ravindra Kaushik and many others.

Tags
upsc

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in