2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th March 2016, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Recommendation Letters MBA

Some Sample MBA Recommendation Letters (By Business School) for admission in MBA (Master in Business Administration) program are as follow:

SAMPLE I: DARTMOUTH-TUCK MBA ADMISSION RECOMMENDATION BY PEER/COLLEAGUE/CO-WORKER/TEAM MEMBER

What are the applicant’s three principal strengths? Please provide an example of each.

ABC’s principal strengths include a great ability to lead, team skills and strong business judgment.

ABC has the remarkable ability to create and inspire vision – When he talks to people about the future, he makes their eyes light up. Whenever a team member approaches him with any help or clarification he ensures that the core idea is made clear – instead of “spoon-feeding” he cross-questions to make sure the other person can handle it independently the next time.

SAMPLE II: STANFORD GSB MBA ADMISSION RECOMMENDATION BY FORMER SUPERVISOR

How is the candidate’s impact on your organization different from that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?

ABC has great combination of strategic and operational execution abilities. Start-up business units under his management have delivered beyond expectations, considering the time span involved, revenue growth rates and revenue quality. He is one of the few employees who awarded a “Far Exceeds” rating in the year 2002. Typically far exceeds rating is awarded to only top 5% percentile of the employees at DEF. Amongst peer group I would place him in the top 5% percentile of the employees with similar work experience, education and level of responsibility.

SAMPLE III: USC-MARSHALL SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMISSION RECOMMENDATION BY CURRENT SUPERVISOR

It gives me pleasure to write on behalf of ABC, who worked with me as Lead Engineer in the XYZ product of DEF. She worked with me for more than 5 years starting from Feb 2002 when she joined my team as a software engineer, till May 2007 when she decided to take a break from her career to assist her father in his business. And after that, too, I have been in constant touch with her as a mentor and a friend.

She has been a valuable asset to the company and has played a part in my success as well. She is a talented person with a strong sense of ownership towards assigned responsibilities.

SAMPLE IV: PURDUE-KRANNERT SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMISSION RECOMMENDATION BY CURRENT SUPERVISOR

Define how long and in what context(s) you have known the applicant, including the peer group with which you are making comparisons.

I have known ABC since January 2009 when she joined my team at DEF as a software engineer. She has been a direct report to me and has been directly promoted from software engineer to Technical Analyst responsibility (typically we promote Senior Software Engineers to this designation) based on her outstanding performance. The comparison peer group includes IT professionals with similar work experience, education, knowledge and level of responsibility at DEF Inc.

SAMPLE V: INDIAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (ISB) ADMISSION RECOMMENDATION BY CLIENT

Please rate the applicant’s achievements when compared to those of his or her Peers and mention the reference group with which you are making these comparisons. (100 words maximum)

I rate ABC among the Best of the Best officers from DEF. I have come across several officers during these years, but none have serviced our requirements with such commitment, creativity and resourcefulness. I fully rely on ABC for all our QRS requirements.

He has gone out of the way in helping us twice. This is truly commendable.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in