2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th May 2018, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

Re: Rajasthan University PHD Admission

Can you tell me about the eligibility requirement and other requirements for admission to the PhD Program in University of Rajasthan as I want to apply for the admission?
15th May 2018, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Rajasthan University PHD Admission

The admission to the PhD Program is made on the basis of merit of the applicant in an entrance test hereinafter referred to as University of Rajasthan PhD Admission Test (Uniraj-MPAT) conducted by the University and reservation policy of Govt. of Rajasthan shall be applicable

Eligibility Criteria

One must have obtained at least 55% marks at Post-Graduate exam of the University or of any other University/Institution recognized as equivalent thereto in any subject provided that the masters degree should have been obtained after taking Bachelors degree full course prescribed for the degree

A relaxation of 5% in the minimum eligibility shall be applicable to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically Handicapped and Visually Impaired Categories

Duration of the Program
PhD Program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years

The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of Ph.D. for up to 240 days

Admission Procedure

For admission to PhD Programs in different subjects, admission process to these programs will be complete in two phases:

Phase I: Phase I is meant for one who shall be exempted from UNIRAJ-MPAT and it will include the candidates from the following categories:

(a) One who is admitted in M.Phil through UNIRAJ-MPAT and have passed their M.Phil Exam

(b) One having qualified UGC/CSIR NET Exam OR SLET/INSPIR Exam and Teacher fellowship holders

(c) Teacher candidate appointed on a substantive basis by duly constituted selection committee as per the UGC qualification with 2 years of continuous service (including probation period) in any University Teaching Dept or affiliated colleges of any University on regular pay scale

Phase II: If seats for PhD in a particular program remain vacant after completing the process of Phase I, applications shall be invited for the admission test (UNIRAJ-MPAT)

The UGC/CSIR NET/SLET/INSPIRE qualified candidates who failed to get admission in Phase I against 40% reserved seats, will be free to apply in UNIRAJ MPAT Phase II for getting admission against remaining seats

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in