2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th March 2016, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Question Paper of AFCAT

Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) for candidates to recruit them to Flying, Technical and Ground Duty Officer Branches.

The syllabus for AFCAT Syllabus:-

General Awareness:
• History
• Sports
• Geography
• Environment
• Civics
• Basic Science
• Defence
• Art
• Culture
• Current Affairs
• Politics

Verbal Ability in English:
• Comprehension
• Error Detection
• Sentence Completion
• Synonyms
• Antonyms
• Testing of Vocabulary

Numerical Ability:
• Decimal Fraction,
• Simplification
• Average
• Profit & loss
• Percentage
• Ratio & Proportion
• Simple interest
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test:
• Verbal Skills
• Spatial Ability

AFCAT Pattern:-

•The AFCAT Question Paper will have 100 questions. All questions will be of three marks each.

•For every correct answer you will get three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking.

•The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.

All applicants whose online applications have been successfully submitted will be called for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) (applicable only for candidates applying for technical branch).

EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT.

Candidates who are short listed on the basis of (AFCAT) will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi.

The testing would consist of three stages as given below.

(a) Stage-I Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day.
Stage-I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing.
All Stage-I qualified candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for.
Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.

(b) Stage-II testing consisting of Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days).

(c) For Flying Branch: Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) would be administered to eligible candidates.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in