2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th June 2018, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Re: Qualifying Criteria For UGC NET

Hi buddy I want to know Qualifying Criteria for University Grants Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) , as I am going to appear in this exam so will you plz let me know about the same ??
25th June 2018, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC).

Qualifying Criteria
Masters or equivalent degree from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC.

The qualifying examination must be passed in subjects like Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc.

The percentage of marks required in qualifying examination is 55% (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD categories).

Applicants appearing for final examinations towards a Masters degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.

Relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying examination shall be given to Ph.D degree holders whose masters level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991.

Age Criteria:
The maximum age limit is 30 years as on 1st January 2018.

Relaxation: 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided to OBC-NCL, SC, ST, transgender and PwD category Applicants . Relaxation will also be given to the Applicants having research experience. Applicants possessing LL.M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.

Exam Pattern

Papers: The test will consist of two papers.

Exam Mode: Examination will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates have to mark their responses on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet.

Number of Questions: Total 150 questions will be asked in NET which are divided into 2 papers. Paper-I will have 50 questions and Paper-II will have 100 questions. All questions are compulsory to attempt.

Type of Questions: All the papers will have objective type questions.

Subjects: The Paper-I consists of General Aptitude Questions and the Paper-II contains questions related to the subject selected by candidates.

Medium of Paper: Candidate can choose the paper medium either Hindi or English. Choice for paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form.

Exam Duration: Paper-1 will be of 1 hour while Paper-II will be of 2 hours.

Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry 2 marks.

Negative Marking: CBSE is not following negative marking scheme in UGC NET.

Paper Number of Questions Maximum Marks Exam Duration
I 50 questions (all compulsory) 100 1 hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.)
II 100 questions (all compulsory) 200 2 hours (11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.)
12th July 2018, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the qualifying criteria for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC NET conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)?
12th July 2018, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

One qualifying for the award of Junior Research fellowship under UGC NET conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities /IITs/institutions.

The validity period of the offer is 3 years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, if one who has already joined M. Phil./ Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship is from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.

Qualifying criteria and Date of Test

The Test will consist of 3 papers. All 3 papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 08th July 2018 (Sunday) in three separate sessions as under:

Session Paper Marks Number of Question Duration
First I 100 50 questions all are compulsory 1 Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST
Second II 200 100 questions all are compulsory 2 Hours (11 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST

Paper-I

Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks.
The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.

Paper-II
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.

All the questions of Paper II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper III (including all electives, without options).

One will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper I & Paper II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in