2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th May 2015, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Puzzle in IAS Exam

My sister preparing for the IAS exam . She having confusion that is there any question on Puzzle’s also . Please tell is there any problems on the Puzzle’s in IAS exam . if any please give some sample questions on Puzzle’s in IAS Exam.
Similar Threads
Thread
Puzzle games for MBA students in the classroom
Puzzle Questions for SBI PO Exam
Puzzle Questions for SBI PO
IAS Exam puzzle
LSAT Puzzle Questions
Puzzle Games For MBA Students In The Classroom
Puzzle Asked In IAS Exam
3rd March 2016, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Re: Puzzle in IAS Exam

Sir I am looking the reasoning questions for the IAS Exam so can you please provide me the same
3rd March 2016, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Puzzle in IAS Exam

Hi friend below I am giving you the reasoning questions for the IAS Exam
Q. The music director of a film wants to select four persons to work on "different aspects of the composition of a piece of music. Seven persons are available for this work; they are Rohit, Tanya, Shobha, Kaushal, Kunal, Mukesh and J aswant. Rohit and Tanya will not work together. Kunal and Shobha will not work together. Mukesh and Kunal want to work together.
Which of the following is the most acceptable group .of people that can be selected by the music director?
a) Rohit, Shobha, Kunal and Kaushal
b) Tanya, Kaushal, Shobha and Rohit
c) Tanya, Mukesh, Kunal and Jaswant
d) Shobha, Tanya, Rohit and Mukesh
Ans: c

Q. Examine the following statements:
1. Only those who have a pair of binoculars can become the members of the birdwatcher's club.
2. Some members of the birdwatcher's club have cameras.
3. Those members who have cameras can, take part in photo-contests.
Which of the following conclusions can be drawn from the above statements?
(a) All those who have a' pair of binoculars are members of the birdwatcher's club.
(b) All members of the birdwatcher's club have a pair of binoculars.
(c) All those who take part in photo-contests are members of the birdwatcher's club.
(d) No conclusion can be drawn.
Ans: b

Q. Gita is prettier than Sita but not as pretty as Rita. Then,
(a) Sita is not as pretty as Gita.
(b) Sita is prettier than Rita.
(c). Rita is not as pretty as Gita.
(d) Gita is prettier than Rita.
Ans: a

Q. Consider the following argument:
"In, order to be a teacher one must graduate from college. All poets are poor. Some Mathematicians are poets. No college graduate is poor."
Which one of the following is not a valid conclusion regarding the above argument?
(a) Some Mathematicians are not teachers.
(b) Some teachers are not Mathematicians.
(c) Teachers are not poor.
(d) Poets are not teachers.
Ans: b

Q. In a queue, Mr. X is fourteenth from the front and Mr. Y is seventeenth from the end, while Mr. Z is exactly in between Mr. X and Mr. Y. If Mr. X is ahead Mr. Y and there are 48 persons in the queue, how many persons are then between Mr. X and Mr. Z?
(a) 6
(b) 7
(c) 8
(d) 9
Ans: c

1. In a chess tournament each of six players will play every other player exactly once. How many matches will be played during the tournament ?

2. A, B, C and D play a game of cards. A says to B. "If I give you 8 cards, you will have as many as C has and I shall have 3 less than what C has. Also if I take 8 cards from C, I shall have twice as many as D has." If B and D together have 50 cards, how many cards have A got?

3. Reena is twice as old as Sunita. Three years ago, she was three times as old as Sunita. How old is Reena now ?
6 years
12 years
14 years
16 years

4. A shepherd had 27 sheep. All but 10 died. How many he left with ?

5. A group of 1200 persons consisting of captains and soldiers is travelling in a train. For every 15 soldiers there is one captain. The number of captains in the group is ?

6. Aruna cut a cake into two halves and cuts one half into smaller pieces of equal size. Each of the small pieces is twenty grams in weight. If she has seven pieces of the cake in all with her, how heavy was the original cake ?
240 gm
220 gm
225 gm
250 gm

7. First bunch of bananas has (1/4) again as many bananas as a second bunch. If the second bunch has 3 bananas less than the first bunch, then the number of bananas in the first bunch are
8. At the end of a business conference the ten people present all shake hands with each other once. How many handshakes will there be altogether ?

9. A student got twice as many sums wrong as he got right. If he attempted 48 sums in all, how many did he solve correctly ?

10. The number of boys in a class is three times the number of girls. Which one of the following numbers cannot represent the total number of children in the class ?

11. A certain number of horses and an equal number of men are going somewhere. Half of the owners are on their horses' back while the remaining ones are walking along leading their horses. If the number of legs walking on the ground is 70, how many horses are there ?

12. If 100 cats kill 100 mice in 100 days, then 4 cats would kill 4 mice in how many days ?
4 day
10 day
40 day
100 day

13. In a class, there are 18 boys who are over 160 cm tall. If these constitute three-fourths of the boys and the total number of boys is two-thirds of the total number of students in the class, what is the number of girls in the class ?

14. I have a few sweets to be distributed. If I keep 2, 3 or 4 in a pack, I am left with one sweet. If I keep 5 in a pack, I am left with none. What is the minimum number of sweets I have to pack and distribute ?

15. In a caravan, in addition to 50 hens, there are 45 goats and 8 camels with some keepers. If the total number of feet be 224 more than the number of heads in the caravan, the number of keepers is

16. A is three times as old as B. C was twice-as old as A four years ago. In four years' time, A will be 31. What are the present ages of B and C ?
9, 46
9, 50
10, 46
10, 50

17. A father is now three times as old as his son. Five years back, he was four times as old as his son. The age of the son is :

18. In a group of 15 people, 7 read French, 8 read English while 3 of them read none of these two. How many of them read French and English both ?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in