2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th November 2016, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Punjabi University B Sc Admission

The date for online filling of application forms for admission 2016 in B.Sc. Part I (Mathematics, Computer Applications, Management) program offered by Punjabi University is as follows:

Important Dates 2016

Online filling of application forms will be available from
10th May 2016.

Last Date of Applications without Late Fee
B.Sc. Part I (Mathematics, Computer Applications, Management)
27th May 2016

Admission Fee Details
One could apply for the admission through online after making a payment of Rs.1000/- (Rs.700/- for SC/ST Candidates) and for entrance test Rs.1700/- (for SC/ST Candidates Rs.1400/-) through Credit/Debit Card or Internet-Banking.

Application Process

The application form for admission for 2016-17 was submitted through On-line System:

Step 1: Submit the Online Application-cum-Admission Form

Step 2: Appear for the interview as per schedule given in Handbook of Information

Syllabus

MCM- 101 : Calculus-I
Section-A

Differential Calculus: ∈ - δ definition of the limit of a function. Basic properties of limits. Continuous functions and classification of discontinuities. Differentiability. Applications of Derivatives. Asymptotes. Test for concavity. Points of inflexion. Tracing of Curves.

(Scope as in Chapters 1,2,3 of Calculus and Analytic Geometry by Thomas and Finney, Ninth Edition)
Integral Calculus: Integration of functions. Riemann sum and definite integrals. Properties, Area and the Mean value theorem, The fundamental theorem of Calculus.
(Scope as in Chapters 4 of Calculus and Analytic Geometry by Thomas and Finney, Ninth Edition)
Section-B

Integral Calculus : Integration by parts, Partial fractions and trigonometric substitutions. Applications of integrals. Areas between curves. Finding volumes by slicing. Volumes of solids of Revolution-Disks and Washers. Cylindrical Shells. Lengths of plane curves. Areas of surfaces of revolution.

(Scope as in Chapters 5 of Calculus and Analytic Geometry by Thomas and Finney, Ninth Edition)
Infinite Series : Limits of sequence of numbers. Theorems for calculating limits of sequences, Infinite Series. Bounded and Monotonic sequences, Cauchy’s convergence criterion. Series of non-negative terms. Comparison tests. Cauchy’s Integral test. Ratio tests. Alternating series. Absolute and conditional convergence. Lebnitz Theorem, Convergence of Taylor Series, Error Estimates. Applications of Power Series.

(Scope as in Chapters 8 of Calculus and Analytic Geometry by Thomas and Finney, Ninth Edition

Syllabus B.Sc. Part I (Mathematics, Computer Applications, Management) program
punjabiuniversity.ac.in/pbiuniweb/slbtesting/Syallbus/Under%20G/Bsc/B

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in