2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th April 2013, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Pune University Be Syllabus of Electronics Engineering Pune

You want to get the syllabus of BE Electronics Engineering Program of Pune University. So I am providing the following syllabus.

Semester 1
1. 403141 PLC and SCADA Applications
2. 403142 Power System Operation and Control
3. 403143 Elective –
4. 403144 Elective
5. 403145 Control System – II
6. 403146 Project

Semester 2
1. 403147 Switchgear and Protection
2. 403148 Industrial Drives and Control
3. 403149 Elective – III
4. 403150 Elective – IV
5. 403146 Project --

Elective – I (403143)
a) Robotics and Automation
b) Power Quality
c) Illumination Engineering
d) Project Management

Elective – II (403144)

Restructuring and Deregulation
Embedded System
EHV Transmission
Smart Grid

Elective – III (403149)
a) VLSI Design
b) High Voltage Engineering
c) Digital Signal Processing
d) ANN and its Applications in Electrical Engineering

Elective – IV (403150)
Modelling of Electrical System
Renewable Energy System
Digital Control System
Open Elective

Here I am attaching a file that provides the full syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pune University BE Electronics Engineering Syllabus.pdf (221.3 KB, 239 views)
19th September 2019, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for Savitribai Phule Pune University SE (E&TC/Electronics Engineering) program syllabus so will you plz let me know from where I can do collect it ??
19th September 2019, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

As you want here I am giving bellow Savitribai Phule Pune University SE (E&TC/Electronics Engineering) program syllabus , so on your demand I am providing same here :

Signals and Systems
Credits: Th- 03,Tut-01
Teaching Scheme: Examination Scheme:
Theory : 03 hr/week
Tutorial: 01 hr/week
In-Sem(Online): 50 Marks
End-Sem(Theory):50 Marks
Term Work : 25 Marks
Course Objectives:
To understand the mathematical description of continuous and discrete time signals and systems.
To classify signals into different categories.
To analyse Linear Time Invariant (LTI) systems in time and transform domains.
To build basics for understanding of courses such as signal processing, control system and
communication.
To develop basis of probability and random variables.
Course Outcomes:
On completion of the course, student will be able to
1. Understand mathematical description and representation of continuous and discrete time
signals and systems.
2. Develop input output relationship for linear shift invariant system and understand the
convolution operator for continuous and discrete time system.
3. Understand and resolve the signals in frequency domain using Fourier series and Fourier
transforms.
4. Understand the limitations of Fourier transform and need for Laplace transform and develop
the ability to analyze the system in s- domain.
5. Understand the basic concept of probability, random variables & random signals and develop
the ability to find correlation, CDF, PDF and probability of a given event.
Course Contents
Unit I : Introduction to Signals and Systems (8 Hrs)
Introduction and Classification of signals: Definition of signal and systems, communication and
control systems as examples. Sampling of analog signals, sampling theorem, Continuous time and
discrete time signal, Classification of signals as even, odd, periodic and non-periodic, deterministic
and non-deterministic, energy and power.
Elementary signals used for testing: reasons for using standard test signals, exponential, sine,
impulse, step and its properties, ramp, rectangular, triangular, signum, sinc.
Operations on signals: Amplitude scaling, addition, multiplication, differentiation, integration
(Accumulator for DT), time scaling, time shifting and time folding.
Systems: Definition, Classification: linear and non-linear, time variant and invariant, causal and noncausal, static and dynamic, stable and unstable, invertible.

Unit II : Time domain representation of LTI System (6 Hrs)
System modeling: Input-output relation, definition of impulse response, convolution sum,
convolution integral, computation of convolution integral using graphical method for unit step to unit
step, unit step to exponential, exponential to exponential, unit step to rectangular and rectangular to
rectangular only. Computation of convolution sum. Properties of convolution. System
interconnection, system properties in terms of impulse response, step response in terms of impulse
response.
Unit III : Fourier Series (6 Hrs)
Fourier series (FS) representation of periodic Continuous Time (CT) signals, Dirichlet condition for
existence of Fourier series, orthogonality, basis functions, Amplitude and phase response, FS
representation of CT signals using trigonometric and exponential Fourier series. Applications of
Fourier series, properties of Fourier series and their physical significance, Gibbs phenomenon,
Discrete Time Fourier Series, properties, convergence of DTFS.
Unit IV : Fourier transform (7Hrs)
Fourier Transform (FT) representation of aperiodic CT signals, Dirichlet condition for existence of
Fourier transform, evaluation of magnitude and phase response, FT of standard CT signals, FT of
standard periodic CT signals, Properties and their significance, Interplay between time and frequency
domain using sinc and rectangular signals, Fourier Transform for periodic signals, introduction to
Discrete Time Fourier Transform.
Unit V : Laplace transform and its applications (7Hrs)
Definition of Laplace Transform (LT), Limitations of Fourier transform and need of Laplace
transform,ROC, Laplace transform of standard periodic and aperiodic functions, properties of
Laplace transform and their significance, Laplace transform evaluation using properties, Inverse
Laplace transform based on partial fraction expansion, stability considerations in S domain,
Application of Laplace transforms to the LTI system analysis.
Unit VI : Probability and Random Signals (6 Hrs)
Probability: Experiment, sample space, event, probability, conditional probability and statistical
independence, Bayes theorem, Uniform and Gaussian probability models.
Random variables: Continuous and Discrete random variables, cumulative distributive function,
Probability density function, properties of CDF and PDF.Statistical averages, mean, moments and
expectations, standard deviation and variance.

Savitribai Phule Pune University SE (E&TC Electronics Engineering) program syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in