2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd February 2018, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PTU University In Jalandhar

Ya sure I will help you here to get the I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, 3rd semester BTECH Food Technology program syllabus.

Here is the syllabus

Principles of Food Preservation
UNIT I
Basic consideration:

Aim and objectives of preservation and processing of foods, Constituents of foods: Properties and significance; Nutritive aspects of food constituents; Concept of Water activity, osmosis and diffusion, Food Spoilage: Microbial, Physical, Chemical & Miscellaneous; Intermediate moisture Food

UNIT II
Preservation of foods by low temperatures:

Considerations relating to storage of foods at low temperature, controlled and modified atmosphere storage of foods, Freezing process, freezing curve, slow and fast freezing of foods and its consequences, other occurrences associated with freezing of foods. Technological aspects of frozen storage and thawing of foods, freeze concentration.

UNIT III
Preservation of foods by high temperature:

Basic concepts in thermal destruction of micro-organisms-D, Z, F, values Heat resistance and thermophiles in micro-organisms. thermal processing of foods: Cooking, blanching, pasteurization and sterilization of foods, canning and spoilages in canned foods.

UNIT IV
Preservation by water removal:

Principles, technological aspects and applications of evaporative concentration processes, and membrane processes for food concentrations. Principles, technological aspects and applications of drying and dehydration of foods.

For full information please check the file

BTECH Food Technology program syllabus

Address:-
I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University
Jalandhar-Kapurthala Highway, Near Pushpa Gujral Science City, Ibban, Kapurthala, Punjab 144603

Phone:-
0182 266 2549
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BTECH Food Technology program syllabus.pdf (922.9 KB, 64 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in