2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th May 2015, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

PTU type of university

My child wants to take admission in the Punjab Technical University. So I want to know about list of course offered by the Punjab Technical University. Can you please provide me list of course offered by the Punjab Technical University? Also provide me its fee structure?
Similar Threads
Thread
What Type of University is BPUT
Anna University Chennai Type Questions
Type of IAS Exam
WBUT Type of university
VTU Type of University
What Type Of University Is Calcutta University
Type Of University RGPV
Soil Type
Calicut University Type
Data Type
Type of IAS Exam
What type of loans is there?
TU Result Type R
Different Type of Degrees
IFS exam type
Type of Jobs in SSC CGL
PTU Is Which Type of University
Type Of Questions In IIT JEE
SBI PO Paper Type
Degrees Type MAC
14th May 2020, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Re: PTU type of university

Can you tell me what type of University is I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU) -Private or Government? Also provide me the contact detail of the University?
14th May 2020, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Re: PTU type of university

I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU), formerly Punjab Technical University (PTU), is a State Government university established by an act of State Legislature on 16 January 1997, to promote technical, management and pharmaceutical education in the state of Punjab at the degree level and above.

Achievements of I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University

Overall ranked 3rd in State, 33rd in research and 54th among top 100 Universities of India in NIRF ranking (National Institutional Ranking Framework) by All-India Ranking 2016 conducted by Ministry of HRD.

It also ranked 96th among engineering colleges by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2019.

It has been awarded as the “Best University Promoting High Quality Research at Master’s and Doctoral Thesis Work” category in the CCI Technology Education Excellence Awards 2013. This award was instituted by a Consortium of Co-Chairpersons-Industry (CCI) of Gujarat Technological University (GTU), jointly with the Communication Multimedia and Infrastructure Association of India (CMAI).

eINDlA 2010 Award of the Year as “ICT Enabled University of the Year” and “Open and Distance Learning Initiative of the Year Award” by the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, Govt. of India.

It provides grants for organizing FDPs/STCs/Workshops/Seminars.

It has various prestigious collaborations with number of national institutes like Thompson Rivers University – Canada, Indian Institute of Travel and Tourism Management-Gwalior, Sardar Swaran Singh National Institute of Renewable Energy-Kapurthala, Punjab Agricultural University – Ludhiana, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences–Faridkot.

It was awarded best Technical University Award for 2013 by Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).

Features of I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University

It has 78.16 acres of land with covered area more than 5.0 lac square feet.

It has state-of-the-art laboratories and air conditioned classrooms.

It has Wi-Fi campus with leased line Internet facility

It has furnished hostel accommodation

It has state-of-art sports facilities

It has modern cafeteria & central library

It has transportation facilities

It has academic support to approx. 1.5 lakhs (including 1,500 plus international students from 30 plus countries) students enrolled in 186 affiliated institutes/colleges.

It has short term courses in foreign language for enhancing employability of students.

It has Human Values & Professional Ethics course for all students, in collaboration with NRCVEE, IIT Delhi and IIIT Hyderabad.

It has periodic restructuring and updating of the courses to match international standards in consultation with the help of Industrialists / R&D / Academia

It has access to e-journals in different subjects

Contact Detail:
I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University,
Jalandhar - Kapurthala Highway,
VPO - Ibban, Kapurthala-144603,
Distt. Kapurthala
Phone: +91-1822-282533,35,83
Email: registrar@ptu.ac.in

Tags
short term

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in