2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th February 2016, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Ptu nss

I want to get the details regarding the NSS camp of Punjab Technical University, Jallandhar so can you please provide me?
13th February 2016, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Ptu nss

One week NSS Camp organized by the National Service Scheme (NSS) wing of Punjab Technical University at CT Institute of Engineering, Management & Technology (CTIEMT) in March 2015.

About 400 NSS student Volunteers from various professional colleges participated in this camp.

The Camp had been initiated to spread awareness against two deadly diseases i.e. cancer & hepatitis.

All students volunteers were grouped into 12 different groups of nearly 30 students each

Each group was named after the name of freedom fighters like “Lala Lajpat Rai”, “S. Kartar Singh Sarabha”, “Swami Vivekananda” Shaheed Udham Singh, Rani Laxmi Bai, etc.

Nearly 11 villages were opted for “Cancer & Hepatitis” awareness.

Before sending to villages all students were provided professional training by Dr Jagmeet Bawa from PTU and Dr Surinder Singh from Kheti Virasat, Anandpur Sahib about, how to interact with the people of villages & counsel the people about causes of cancer and hepatitis etc.

All the NSS Volunteers were awarded with participation certificates on the successful completion of the Camp.

Dr. Manoj Kumar, Group Director CT Group of Institutions informed that in the survey report it is evident that 50-55% persons are suffering from Diabetes, 10% from Hepatitis, 25% from Cancer, 5-10% from HIV& 2-5% is mentally unstable in the targeted rural areas.

The students have shown interest in this programme & come forth for the social responsibility & service.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in