2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd July 2014, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PSU Computer Science Syllabus

You want to know Pennsylvania State University Computer Science and Engineering syllabus, i am giving here:

Digital Design: Theory and Practice
Introduction to Digital Systems
Digital Design Laboratory
Computer Organization and Design
Communication Networks
VLSI Digital Circuits
Digital Integrated Circuits
Digital Design Using Field Programmable Devices
Introduction to Computer Architecture
Fundamentals of Computer Vision
Digital Image Processing I
Logical Design of Digital Systems
Microprocessors and Embedded Systems
Microcomputer Laboratory
Functional Verification
Computer Engineering Project Design
- Introduction to Programming Techniques
Intermediate Programming
- Programming for Engineers with MATLB
Programming for Engineers with C++
Programming for Engineers with FORTRAN
Introduction to Spreadsheets and Databases
Object Oriented Programming with Web-Based Applications
Introduction to Systems Programming
Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science
Database Management Systems
Artificial Intelligence
Introduction to Computer and Network Security
Concurrent Scientific Computing
Numerical Computations
Introduction to Numerical Analysis I
Introduction to Numerical Analysis II
Fundamentals of Computer Graphics
Programming Language Concepts
Introduction to the Theory of Computation
Data Structures and Algorithms
Factorization and Primality Testing
Introduction to Compiler Construction
Operating Systems Design and Construction
Software Design Methods

Pennsylvania State University
University Park, State College, PA 16801, United States
+1 814-865-4700

Map:
[MAP]https://www.google.co.in/maps?q=Pennsylvania+State+University+University+Pa rk,+State+College,+PA&hl=en&ll=40.811601,-77.860107&spn=0.066131,0.149517&sll=21.125498,81.9 14063&sspn=20.764432,38.276367&hq=Pennsylvania+Sta te+University+University+Park,+State+College,+PA&t =m&z=13&iwloc=A[/MAP]

Last edited by Kiran Chandar; 22nd July 2014 at 01:21 PM.
22nd March 2015, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

I am preparing for the PSU exam. will you please forward me syllabus of the computer science applicable in PSU?
22nd March 2015, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

As per your request, I am giving you syllabus of the computer science applicable in Public Service undertaking entrance exams.

GENERAL APTITUDE(GA):

Verbal Ability: English grammar, sentence completion,passage reading, verbal analogies, word groups, instructions, critical reasoning and verbal
deduction.

Reasoning : Verbal & Non-Verbal

General Knowledge & Current Affair ( History, Geography, Indian Polity, Life Science, Science & Technology )

Computer Science and Information Technology

Digital Electronic Circuits :

Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, Karnaguh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families : DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS,
PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic Circuits; Half adder, Full adder;
Digital comparator; Multiplexer Demulti-plexer; ROM an their applications. Flip flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip-flops; Different types of counters and registers Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters.
Semiconductor memories.

Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and data-path, CPU control design, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Instruction pipelining, Cache and main memory, Secondary storage.

Programming and Data Structures: Programming in C; Functions, Recursion, Parameter passing, Scope, Binding; Abstract data types, Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary search trees, Binary heaps.

Algorithms: Analysis, Asymptotic notation, Notions of space and time complexity, Worst and average case analysis; Design: Greedy approach,

Dynamic programming, Divide-and-conquer; Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching. Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average cases) of time and space, upper and lower bounds, Basic concepts of complexity classes P, NP, NP-hard, NP-complete.

Theory of Computation: Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Undecidability.

Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environments, Intermediate and target code generation, Basics of code optimization.

Operating System: Processes, Threads, Inter-process communication, Concurrency, Synchronization, Deadlock, CPU scheduling, Memory management and virtual memory, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.

Databases: ER-model, Relational model (relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B and B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control.

Information Systems and Software Engineering: information gathering, requirement and feasibility analysis, data flow diagrams, process

specifications, input/output design, process life cycle, planning and managing the project, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance.

Computer Networks: ISO/OSI stack, LAN technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), Flow and error control techniques, Routing algorithms, Congestion
control, TCP/UDP and sockets, IP(v4), Application layer protocols (icmp, dns, smtp, pop, ftp, http); Basic concepts of hubs, switches, gateways, and
routers. Network security basic concepts of public key and private key cryptography, digital signature, firewalls.

Web technologies: HTML, XML, basic concepts of client-server computing.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in