2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th November 2015, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Re: Project Management Course IIM Ahmedabad

I want to get information about the Project Management Course at IIM Ahmedabad. So here can you provide me information about it?
26th November 2015, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Project Management Course IIM Ahmedabad

I have information about the Project Management Course at IIM Ahmedabad. So here I am telling you about it as you want.

Project Management is the science and art of managing the business of an organization and growth of a nation

OBJECTIVES :

• To discuss various aspects related to contract management, project costing, budgeting, and other related topics

• To develop an understanding of the tools and techniques for effective management of resources and cost in projects

• To acquaint participants with project risk management principles

• To expose participants to the behavioural aspects of project management

• To provide an insight into the network-based project monitoring system

CONTENTS :

• Overview of project management, different stages in a project, slippages in projects

• Project Cost: Project budgeting, time-cost trade-off, optimum compression of project duration

• Project Resource: Resource aggregation, resource smoothing, resource profile

• Behavioural Aspects in Project Management: Project organization structure, management of project personnel motivation, project manager’s role, etc.

• Network Techniques: Activity, events, drawing of networks, critical path, float, methods to find critical path

• PERT: Uncertainty, estimation of activity time, network simulation, project completion probability

• Project Monitoring: Hierarchy of networks, reporting formats, reporting frequency, reporting of cost and work value, rescheduling of projects

• Discussion on some excellent project management cases in India

• Contract Management and Legal Aspects: Specification of contracts, criteria for awarding contracts, followup, coordination

• Project Risk Management: Composite impact factor, risk time, risk cost, expected value method, variation, composite likelihood factor, foreseen and unforeseen uncertainties

PEDAGOGY :
The pedagogical methods and materials will include lectures, discussions, case studies, exercises, and presentations by participants.

Faculty Chair :
Dutta Goutam

FEE :
RS.100000

For more information, please contact:

Address;
Officer, Executive Education
Indian Institute of Management
Vastrapur
Ahmedabad 380 015
INDIA

Ph: 91-79-6632 4071-7 / 6544 9057