2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th December 2014, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Preparation Tips of IPS Exam for BCA Student

As you want some preparation tips for IPS exam, so here I am giving you same:

You should maintain a time table for doing studies as per subjects.

You should do study regularly and seriously.

You should do study according to exam pattern.

You should choose good books for doing studies.

You should solve last year question papers.

You should not feel nervousness while doing studies.

You should do study according to Syllabus.

Here I am giving you syllabus of IPS Exam:

Part A
PAPERS OF OBJECTIVE TYPE
Paper I - (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
• Current events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian National Movement
• Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
• Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
• Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
• General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
• General Science.

Paper II-(200 marks) Duration : Two hours

• Comprehension
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
• English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).

Part B
PAPERS OF DESCRIPTIVE TYPE
Paper III : English (200 marks / 3 hours duration) :- This will be a qualifying test only of Matriculation or equivalent standard.

The aim of the paper is to test the candidate’s ability to read and understand serious discursive prose, and to express his ideas clearly and correctly, in English.

The pattern of questions would be broadly as follows (indicative only) :—

(i) Comprehension of given passages;
(ii) Precis Writing;
(iii) Usage and Vocabulary;
(iv) Paragraphs writing;

Paper IV : Essay ( 200 Marks/ three hours duration)

Candidates will be required to write two Essays. One topic will pertain to Indian Society/politics/ Economy/Development, Growth and related aspects. The other topic will pertain to security and related matters. Candidates will be expected to keep closely to the subject of the essay to arrange their ideas in orderly fashion, and to write concisely. Credit will be given for effective and exact expression. Paper V : General Studies (200 Marks/ three hours duration)

The questions will be such as to test a candidate’s awareness of a variety of subjects and are likely to test the candidate’s basic understanding of all relevant issues, and ability to analyze, and take a view on conflicting socio-economic goals, objectives and demands. The candidates must give relevant, meaningful and succinct answers.
20th March 2015, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BCA and I am interested in giving Indian Police Service entrance Exam . Will you please suggest some Indian Police Service Exam preparation tips?
20th March 2015, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Here I am suggesting few tips for the Indian Police Service Exam preparation which you are looking for .

• Proper planning is very much essential in the process of preparing for the IPS civil service examination.

• It is essential to go through the NCERT books of classes 6 to 12.

• The candidates should keep themselves updated regarding the current affairs by reading the newspapers daily.

• Preparing with the help of the past five year question papers is very much essential.

• Monthly news magazines will also be helpful. The candidates can go through the magazines like chronicle, The Frontline, Yojana, Kurukshetra, The week / outlook, Survey of Indian industries, etc…

• Candidates should think twice before selecting the optional subjects.

Few IPS Preparation Books

CSAT General Studies Manual 2014: IAS Preliminary Examination (Paper - 1) by Jha, Jha

CSAT-UPSC: Theory and Problems with Explanations Civil Services Aptitude Test (Paper - 2) Nem Singh, IRS

CSAT Topic-wise Solved Papers: 19 Years General Studies 1995 - 2013 by Disha Experts

CSAT Comprehensive Manual 2014: IAS Preliminary Examination with Solved Paper (Paper - 2) by Sachchida Nand Jha

CSAT 2014 : IAS Preliminary Examination (Set of 2 Books) by Sachchida Nand Jha

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in