2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th December 2014, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Ph. D in Correspondence from Bangalore University

As per my knowledge Bangalore University does not offer Ph. D in History in correspondence mode. It offers it in regular mode.

Eligibility Requirements for Admission to Ph.D. Course

Any candidate who has obtained a Post-Graduate Degree from a recognized University and scored minimum 55% marks is eligible to apply for the PhD Degree Programme.

In the case of SC/ST/Cat-I/Differently abled candidates, and those who are appointed on regular basis prior to March 31, 1992 as teachers, librarians and physical education personnel in colleges and University Departments, the minimum marks is 50% provided the employees are continuing in service at the time of submission of application for registration.

If the Master Degree marks are declared in the form of grades/credits/ cumulative points in their marks cards/ transcripts, such grades/points shall be converted into percentage to assess the minimum eligibility criteria

All eligible applicants shall appear for the Entrance Test.

The candidates who have cleared the UGC/UGC-CSIR JRF Test/ NET/ SLET/ SET/ GATE/ Recognized young researchers by DST, UGC, CSIR, AICTE, etc./ obtained M.Phil degree through regular course work and not through distance education mode/ Project Fellows/ Project Assistants working in sponsored major research projects/ FIP/QIP/ Foreign candidates are eligible for exemption from the Entrance Test.

The Entrance Test
Maximum marks for Entrance Test: 100.
Nature of questions: Multiple choice questions of one mark each.
Syllabus for the Entrance Test: Research Methodology and / or cognate/ core subjects of the P. G. courses.
Duration of Entrance Test: 120 minutes.

25th March 2015, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

I want to do Ph. D in Correspondence from Bangalore University so can I do please provide me information about it ?
25th March 2015, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

As you want to get do Ph. D in Correspondence from Bangalore University so sorry to say you but this university doesn’t offer PHD in Correspondence.

It offers PHD in only regular mode.

For doing PHD here I am giving you information:

Eligibility:
Candidate must have Post-Graduate Degree from a recognized University securing not less than 55% marks shall be eligible to apply for the PhD Degree Program.

All eligible applicants will have to appear for the Entrance Test.

Entrance Test

Maximum marks for Entrance Test:

Nature of questions:
Multiple choice questions of one mark each.

Syllabus for the Entrance Test:
Research Methodology and / or cognate/ core subjects of the P. G. courses.

Duration of Entrance Test:
120 minutes.

Bangalore University Notification of PHD

For detailed information here I am giving you attachment of old notification of PHD:

Address:
Bangalore University
Mysore Road, Jnana Bharathi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560056 ‎
080 2321 3172 ‎

[MAP]Bangalore University[/MAP]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bangalore-University-Notification-of-PHD.pdf (1.27 MB, 142 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in