2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th July 2016, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Pencil CAT Exam

I heard that Common Admission Test (CAT) is pencil paper based exam here can you please get some information?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIT Kanpur Pencil
14th July 2016, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Pencil CAT Exam

I would like to tell you that Common Admission Test (CAT) computer based exam for more information I will get details.

Fee
₹1,600 (US$24) for general category candidates.[2]

₹800 (US$12) for SC / ST / DA (PWD) category candidates

Eligibility
You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) categories).

If you are appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.

Exam Pattern
The mode of CAT has changed from paper-pencil based test to computer based test. CAT has three sections:

Quantitative Ability (QA)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)

QA and VRC comprises of 34 questions, whereas DILR section has 32 questions, making total of 100 questions in the paper.

The duration of the exam is 180 minutes (3 hours). Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type.

Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen. Basic on-screen calculator will be available for computation.

You will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and you cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.

Purpose
Admission to post-graduate management programs (MBA, etc.) in IIMs and various other Indian universities and colleges.

Knowledge / skills tested
Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, and Analytical Reasoning.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in