2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th May 2018, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Re: Pacific Lutheran University LPN To BSN

I shifted to Tacoma, WA and planning to take admission in Pacific Lutheran University searching for some details. Will you provide details about Pacific Lutheran University LPN to BSN course of study also tell LPN Admission Requirements so that I can apply?
16th May 2018, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Pacific Lutheran University LPN To BSN

The Pacific Lutheran University LPN to BSN course of study is designed to provide career mobility for the licensed practical nurse desiring the bachelor of science in nursing degree.

LPN Admission Requirements

LPNs typically begin coursework in the spring. They join the preceding fall cohort since the first semester is waived for LPNs.

LPN to BSN Curriculum:
LPN to BSN Prerequisite* Coursework:

Biology 201 Introduction to Microbiology (4 semester credits) (Natural Science) within last 6 years
Biology 205 Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 semester credits) (Natural Science) within last 6 years
Biology 206 Human Anatomy and Physiology II (4 semester credits) within last 6 years
Chemistry 105 Chemistry of Life, : Inorganic, Organic, Biochemistry (4 semester credits) within last 6 years
Psychology 101 Introduction to Psychology (4 semester credits)
Psychology 320 Development Across the Lifespan (4 semester credits)

* All prerequisite coursework must be completed with a grade of B- or better prior to beginning LPN to BSN sequence.
Sophomore Year (beginning of nursing program -- may be spring or fall)

Nurs 260 Professional Foundations I (4 semester credits)
Nurs 270 Health Assessment and Promotion (4 semester credits)
Nurs 280 Pathological Human Processes (4 semester credits)
Stats 231 Introductory Statistics (Math Reasoning) (4 semester credits) (Must be completed with a grade of B- or better prior to enrollment in Nurs 360, Nursing Research and Informatics.)

Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue S.
Tacoma, WA 98447

253-535-7411
concierge@plu.edu

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in