2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th June 2015, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Re: One Year MBA in IIM Ahmedabad

IIM Ahmedabad offers one Year Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX) that is equivalent to the One Year MBA course . I am here providing you syllabus of the Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX).

PGPX Programme Structure:

This program follows a six-segment course structure, each segment seamlessly joined to the next. The segments are
(i) Induction
(ii) Building Blocks
(iii) Preparing for Top Management
(iv) International Immersion
(v) Electives
(vi) Capstone

Induction: Spread over two and a half days, it gives the students a chance to get familiar with the infrastructure, co-curricular and extra- curricular activities, while tuning into the programme content and the IIMA method of learning. It also helps the student to understand the self while making the transition to the PGPX and the future.

Building Blocks:
The core segment gives the students a rigorous grounding in the fundamentals of management. It crystallizes and enhances their basic conceptual and analytical knowledge, pre-disposing them for managerial effectiveness.

Preparing for Top Management:
This segment, which is the differentiating element of the PGPX, further develops the students' skills, enabling them to better understand and envision the dynamics within complex management problems. It also prepares them for visionary leadership, being change agents and playing a role at the top.

International Immersion:

Students are immersed in two intensive weeks of academics in an international location. This segment equips students with understanding of macro-level dynamics and unfamiliar economic environment in a foreign country.

Electives:
The students are offered a wide range of elective courses including on marketing, finance, supply chain management, strategic management and various sectoral areas. While electives depend on student interest and faculty supply, this allows students the freedom of electives in areas of passion and proficiency, making every student's experience unique and customized to his or her chosen growth path. It is also an opportunity to explore new areas of learning and a chance to reflect on and leverage past experience

As part of the 'electives' segment, students can opt for an Individual Research Project (IRP). The project is executed by PGPX participants with a faculty advisor. The result is a high quality written output, which could be any of
• A case with analysis
• An Industry Note
• A paper on "Bridging the Divide" (focusing on a socio economic divide affecting the world)
• A business plan for an entrepreneur

Capstone:
A finale as an encapsulation of the learning experience, this segment provides an opportunity to integrate learning from the entire programme, reflect on one's own experience as an executive and understand what it means to work in large, multidisciplinary teams facing tough deadlines
27th November 2015, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to do One Year MBA in IIM Ahmedabad so can you please give me the details
27th November 2015, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Hi friend , The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is a public business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

As you want to do One Year MBA in IIM Ahmedabad so let me tell you that IIM does not provide one year MBA it provides other 1 year Management program i.e. PGPX.

I am giving you the detail for that

PGPX is a one-year, full time residential programme for executives with substantial work experience leading to a One Year Post-Graduate Diploma in Management for Executives.

Eligibility

A) A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline. (Minimum 15 years of study as per the education system in India i.e. KG to 12 +2 + 3 or 4 as the case may be.)

B) Minimum Age of 27 years in which the PGPX programme commences

There is no upper age limit.

A valid GMAT scores obtained

Fee Structure

The Programme Fee for PGPX 2015-16 is INR 24,00,000 (INR Twenty Four Lacs).

Admission Process 2016-17 Batch

Event Round #1 Round #2

Application Fee Rs. 3500/- Rs. 5000/-

Last date to apply Monday, September 14, 2015 Monday, Nov 16, 2015

GMAT Validity Dates April 1, 2012 to September 13, 2015 April 1, 2012 to Nov 15,

Shortlisting for interviews Oct 16, 2015 Dec 4, 2015

Personal Interviews Nov-15 Dec 2015, Jan 2016

Result Announcement Nov 30, 2015 Jan 31, 2016

Last date to accept offer Dec 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2016

Programme Starts April 14, 2016

Programme Ends March 11, 2017

Convocation Last Saturday of March 2017.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in