2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd June 2015, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Number Theory IITK

I am studying B.Tech at IIT Kanpur Campus. I want all information about Two Problems of Number Theory for my presentation. So tell me where I can get the required information? Can I get direct PPT Slides of Two Problems of Number Theory from the official website of IITK? Give phone number of library of IIT Kanpur where I can find important notes of Two Problems of Number Theory?
Similar Threads
Thread
CSE IITM Theory
String theory TIFR
Theory Of Computation IIT Madras
TIFR string theory
WBUT EM Theory
Graph Theory VTU Notes
RGPV Theory Result
Graph Theory IIT Bombay
GMAT Number Theory
TIFR Number Theory
Goal Setting Theory Of Motivation
Graph Theory IIT Kanpur
Kinetic Theory
Theory of Computation IGNOU
Graph theory IITK
IITK Contact Number
GMAT Number Theory Pdf
CA CPT Accounts Theory
Liquidity preference theory MBA
Graph Theory IITB
6th July 2018, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Re: Number Theory IITK

I am interested to join Mathematics and Statistics department of Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) for doing Number Theory course. Will you provide basic details along with Pre-requisite of Number Theory course at IIT Kanpur also provide contacts for doing enquiry?
6th July 2018, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Number Theory IITK

The Mathematics and Statistics department of Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) shares the vision of the institute of achieving excellence in teaching and research

Number Theory
MTH215A

Course Contents

Divisibility, Primes, Congruence, Residue systems, Primitive roots; Quadratic reciprocity, Some arithmetic functions, Farey fractions, Continued fractions, Some Diophantine equations, Bertrands postulate and the partition function.

Other course details:

Pre-requisite: MTH 102, None for M.Sc. 2 yr

Divisibility, Primes, fundamental theorem of arithmetic, Euclidean algorithm, Congruence and modular arithmetic, Chinese remainder theorem, Roots of unity, Quadratic reciprocity, Binary quadratic forms, Some Diophantine equations, Some arithmetic functions, Distribution of prime numbers, Bertrand's postulate, the partition function, Dirichlet Series, Riemann Zeta function.

Reference materials:

I. Niven, H. S. Zuckerman and H. L. Montgomery. An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers, Wiley, 1991

David M. Burton, Elementary Number Theory. McGraw Hill Education, 2012.

K. Ireland, and M. Rosen. A Classical Introduction to Modern Number Theory. GTM-84, Springer, 1990.

G. H. Hardy and E. M. Wright. An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers. Oxford University Press, 1960.

Credits:

Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur

Kalyanpur
Kanpur -208 016
Telephone Enquiry
Phone: 0512-259 0151

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in