2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th June 2015, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Number of 180 LSAT Scores

I scored 180 Numbers in LSAT Test this year. Now I want to take admission in Best Law College of USA. So tell me that can I join Law Course at the Best Law College of USA with 180 Score or not? What is the average score required by a student who wants to do Law Course from Top College?
Similar Threads
Thread
LSAT Cutoff Scores
List of Law Schools That Average LSAT Scores
Number Of Times To Take LSAT
Vermont Law School LSAT Scores
FAMU Law School LSAT Scores
University Of Texas Lsat Scores
Yale LSAT Scores
Acceptable LSAT Scores For Law School
LSAT Test Scores
Scores on LSAT for Law Schools
Alabama LSAT Scores
Number of LSAT Takers
Phoenix School Of Law LSAT Scores
UT LSAT Scores
Vanderbilt Law School LSAT Scores
GPA and LSAT Scores for Law Schools
National LSAT Scores
LSAT How Long Scores Are Good
LSAT Improvement Scores
LSAT Harvard average scores
4th January 2016, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Re: Number of 180 LSAT Scores

Hello sir, I am Andrew and I want you to provide me details regarding the Number of 180 LSAT Scores?
4th January 2016, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Number of 180 LSAT Scores

Receiving an LSAT score of 180 or a “perfect score” is extremely unusual.
According to data published by the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC), from 2006-2009 of all LSATs administered, about 144,000 per year, only 0.1% received a 180.

The benefit for the student who earns a 180 LSAT score is that he or she is more likely to be putative into a top-tier law school. Yale Law School reports that for its class of 2014, the LSAT score variety was 154-180, with over 75% of enrolled students receiving an LSAT score of 177 or above.

However, most law schools report that in making admissions choices, while LSAT scores are weighed profoundly, the admissions committee carefully considers the entire application package.

LSAT scores varies from 120-180. The “raw” LSAT score is based on the number of questions answered correctly.

Each LSAT will typically have 100 to 103 questions, with each question being worth 1 point. Only 4 of the 5 multiple-choice sections count toward the LSAT test score (the fifth is experimental, for data-gathering purposes), and the essay section is not scored.

There is no deduction for blank or incorrect answers. The raw LSAT score is between 0 and 100 to 103. LSAT raw scores are transformed to an LSAT scaled score that ranges from 120 to 180.

Students who receive a LSAT scaled score of 180 have a raw score of between 99 and 103.

Students who achieve high LSAT scores tend to have 4 things in common. They spend a huge amount of time preparing, they understand the LSAT question types, they are familiar to taking the full-length, timed LSAT, and they took an LSAT prep course.

While some who achieved a 180 on the LSAT spent 60-70 hours a week for 2 months preparing, there is no magic number of study hours required to ensure a high LSAT score.

However, it is necessary to make sure that you have at least 8-12 weeks to prepare and that you are able to design a study schedule that allows sufficient time to regularly work on LSAT preparation.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in