2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th November 2014, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Re: NTSE Exam Syllabus

Here I am providing you Syllabus of all subjects of NTSE entrance exam for your preparation. The syllabus is based on aptitude, maths and social science subjects.

NTSE syllabus for mental ability
Numeric, visual and verbal, direction and orientation, sequences & series, geometry, odd one out, venn diagram and puzzles.

NTSE Syllabus for Language Test:
Reading comprehension, logical sequencing; interpretative, evaluative, predictive and creative components of language.

NTSE syllabus for Maths:
The prime topics in maths include geometry, number systems, algebra, mensuration, profit and loss.
Geometry: NTSE syllabus includes topics i.e.. Lines and angles, quardilaterals, triangles and circles. You may be asked questions i.e.. Finding the missing angles, formula based questions on area and perimeters of triangles and quardilaterals etc. Every year, 4 − 8 questions in Maths come from Geometry syllabus alone.

Algebra: NTSE syllabus includes topics i.e.. Polynomials and linear equations in one and two variable, AP or GP. Every year about 4 questions come from Algebra syllabus and include questions i.e.. Solving a story based puzzle using linear equations, solving for x in a polynomial expression etc

Mensuration: NTSE syllabus includes questions on 2d and 3d shapes. Most questions challenge you to move forward your analytical thinking plus reasoning abilities rather than pure book formula. The course will stays till class 10 syllabus.

Number system: NTSE syllabus includes topics i.e.. Integers, real numbers, prime numbers, factors, HCF, LCM, factors, simplifications etc. Every year, 2 − 6 questions in Maths are from number systems. The syllabus here is vast but care is taken to test conceptual understanding rather than formula knowledge

Profit & loss: NTSE syllabus is a relatively huge one. This includes topics i.e.. Profit and loss, simple interest, compound interest, time, speed, percentage, graph and data interpretation. This involves formula based questions but the number of questions from this topic may not be too many.

NTSE syllabus for Science:
Biology: NTSE syllabus includes topics i.e.. Cells, common diseases, nutrition and natural resources. About 10 − 13 questions every year are from biology.

Physics: NTSE syllabus includes motion, gravity, electricity, energy and history of physics. Most of the questions are application based and challenging in nature and will put you in the state of confusion before using any simple formula.

Chemistry: NTSE syllabus includes questions about basic chemical and physical reactions, conservation of energy, properties of solids, liquids and gases, properties of elements under extreme conditions. Again, application is the key so questions could involve running an automobile in cold climate, use of anti freeze etc.

NTSE syllabus for Social Science:
Ancient civilizations, Maurya dynasty, Mughal kingdom, revolt of 1857 and Indian freedom struggle are vital. Though some of these topics will be included only in further part of class 8, they are still crucial part of NTSE syllabus.

Civics: Syllabus for NTSE will have questions on local government, legislative assembly, elections in India and our government structure, judiciary, fundamental rights, India's key foreign policy initiatives including NAM etc are often asked. The questions here are a lot of about your awareness of your country and its government's structure and policies. So regular reading of the news papers will help alot.

Geography: NTSE syllabus has Indian and world geography included. Questions pertaining to natural vegetation, wildlife, physical divisions of India, Industries, hydrosphere, landforms created by wind and water etc can be asked.

Economics: Syllabus for NTSE will include various different questions that judge your awareness level of current systems i.e. Type of economies, type of banks, bank deposits, role of banks in the system. These may not have been taught in your coaching classes but they are a part of our dat to day lives. General awareness in NSTE is a very small section. The syllabus will include particular state related topics, recent happenings, political events at National and International scale, awards, sports etc.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in