2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

NMIMS Grading System

What is the grading system in the semester system for MBA students in the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies? As I have just joined this institute as a first semester student am quite unknown to the marking scheme and grading pattern. So kindly update me regarding this.
Similar Threads
Thread
MG University Grading System
Grading System In SRM University
KL University Grading System
JIIT Grading System
IIMK Grading System
Grading System in Calicut University
Grading System in IIT Kharagpur
Grading System In SSC Ap
RGPV Calculator for Grading System
NIT Durgapur Grading System
Grading System In IIT Bombay
New Grading System in RGPV
ISM Dhanbad Grading System
Grading System in IIT Kanpur
IIT Roorkee Grading System
RTU Grading System
Grading System in BPUT
VNSGU Grading System
University of Hyderabad Grading System
Grading System IITK
22nd May 2018, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Re: NMIMS Grading System

Can you tell me in detail about the Grading System accepted by NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies), Mumbai?
22nd May 2018, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NMIMS Grading System

In 1981, by the order of the University of Mumbai, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies was established to meet the growing demand for young managers. Since then NMIMS has grown into a flourishing University, offering courses / programs across various disciplines, such as Management, Technology, Science, Pharmacy, Architecture and Commerce.

Grading System
The school follows the following letter grades and corresponding grade points system:

Grade Grade Point
A+ 4.00
A 3.75
A- 3.50
B+ 3.25
B 3.00
B- 2.75
C+ 2.50
C 2.25
C- 2.00
F 0.00

Method of calculation of letter Grades and GPA/ CGPA
For the calculation of grades, the following guidelines are observed

(i) Highest marks scored by one for a subject will be taken into account for the batch/ group (in case of electives).

(ii) Difference between the maximum marks and 50 marks would be calculated.

(iii) The said difference is equally divided into slabs of nine letter grades (i.e. A+, A, and A-, B+, B and B-and C+, C and C-)

(iv) Grading is done on the basis of marks obtained by a student in each subject which will be fitted into the above slabs of letter grades

(v) F grade will be assigned to students:
a) who have obtained marks less than 50% of aggregate.
b) who have obtained less than one third marks out of the maximum marks allocated to the respective subject for the term end examination
c) who have obtained less than one third marks out of the maximum marks allocated to the respective subject for the internal continuous assessment

(vi) In case of elective courses, the number of students for respective course / subject would be considered for the purpose of assigning grades for that course

Calculation of GPA:
Grade Point Average will be computed by taking the average of grade points obtained by a student for all the subjects of the relevant term after considering the credit values assigned for the related subjects.

Calculation of CGPA:
Cumulative Grade Point Average is computed by dividing the sum of grade point averages up to the related term by number of terms completed by the student till date.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in