2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th July 2016, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Re: NLSIU Question Papers

The National Law School of India University provide undergraduate and graduate legal education in India.

Previous Year BA LLB Admission Question Paper

1. Which of the options provided beneath is nearest in meaning to the word concept in the passage?
(a) A thought (b) A practice
(c) A theory (d) A general idea

2. Which of the options provided beneath is nearest in meaning to the word popular in the passage?
(a) well-liked (b) enjoying wide-spread acceptance
(c) favourite (d) pertaining to the people as a whole

3. Which of the options provided beneath is nearest in meaning to the word connotation in the passage?
(a) association (b) denotation
(c) meaning obtained in the dictionary (d) idea

4. Which of the options provided beneath is nearest in meaning to the word accusation in the passage?
(a) dismissal (b) blame
(c) charge (d) crime

5. Which of the options provided beneath is nearest in meaning to the word any in the passage?
(a) an unspecified individual
(b) a specific individual
(c) 1 or another, opted at random
(d) 1 or another, without exception or restriction

6. Which of the options provided beneath is nearest in meaning to the word accomplish in the passage?
(a) to complete (b) to sustain
(c) to achieve (d) to finish

7. Which of the options provided beneath is opposite in meaning to the word conservatives in the passage?
(a) The orthodox (b) Liberals
(c) Traditionalists (d) Rebels

8. Which of the options provided beneath is nearest in meaning to the word promotion in the passage?
(a) support (b) sponsor
(c) advocate (d) to elevate to a higher position

9. Which of the options provided beneath is nearest in meaning to the word virtually in the passage?
(a) related to virtues (b) not real
(c) a few of (d) almost

10. Which of the options provided beneath is nearest in meaning to the word effect in the passage?
(a) influence (b) goal
(c) effort (d) consequence

23. He is (a) / both a wrestler, a boxer (b) / and a tennis coach (c). No fault (d).

24. Changes caused by globalization (a) / makes it impossible (b) / for poor countries to catch up with richer nations (c). No fault (d).

25. His recent book (a) / takes the learner (b) / on a epic journey through history (c). No fault (d).

PART – C

Direction: The 5 snippets provided beneath have all had their constituent phrases jumbled. learn every jumbled passage carefully and then pick the choice in which the best sequence is shown and shade the improper ans in the space given for it on the separate printed ans sheet.

Marks: Each ques. carries one (One) mark. (Total five marks)

26. UNIT I
(i) Neanderthals must have been a cold-adapted people – but only within limits.
(ii) The 1st penetration of Siberia and the Arctic was left to later, fully modern humans.
(iii) During the time the Neanderthals flourished, Europe and Asia were in the grip of the last Ice Age.
(iv) They got no further than southern Britain, northern Germany, Kiev, and the Caspian Sea.

The best sequence is :
(a) ii, i, iii, iv (b) iv, iii, i, ii
(c) iv, iii, ii, i (d) iii, i, iv, ii

27. UNIT II
(i) Alternatively, Neanderthals may have bitten hides with their teeth to make leather, or bitten wood to make wooden tools.
(ii) A dentist examining a Neanderthal's teeth would have been in for a shock.
(iii) As 1 possibility, they may have routinely used their teeth as a vice to grip objects.
(iv) In adult Neanderthals, the incisors were worn down on the outer-facing surface, in a way obtained in no modern people.
(v) Evidently, this peculiar wear-pattern somehow resulted from a use of their teeth as tools, but what was that function ?

The best sequence is :

(a) ii, i, iii, v, iv (b) ii, iv, v, iii, i
(c) ii, iii, iv, v, i (d) ii, v, iii, i, iv

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in