2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th August 2015, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NIT Raipur Mining Branch

As you need National Institute of Technology Raipur B.Tech Mining Engineering branch detailed syllabus for 3rd & 4th SEM, here I am giving:

B.Tech Mining Engineering

UNIT-1 Concept of Stress and Strain
Stress and strain at a point; Axial and shear stresses, Ultimate and working stresses; Relation between
stress and strain, Poisson's Ratio; Two dimensional state of strain, Principle stresses and Principle
planes, Mohr's Circle, Two state of strain, Principle strains and principle axis of strain; Determination
of Principle strain from strain measurements; Calculation of Principle stresses from Principle strains;
Composite bars in tension and compression; Thermal stresses in composite bars.

UNIT-2 Bending Stresses in Beams and plates
Pure bending, Bending Stresses, Section Modulus of rolled and built up sections, Composite beams,
Distribution of normal and shear stresses across the section of a simple beam with vertical section of
symmetry; Theory of plates.

UNIT-3 Deflection of beams
Slope and deflection of beams by deflection methods; Area moment and conjugate beam methods,
propped cantilever and fixed beams.

UNIT-4 Introduction to Fluid Mechanics
Physical properties of fluids; Compressible and Incompressible fluids; Newtonian and Non-
Newtonian fluids.

UNIT-5 (A) Fluid Statics
Pressure, density and height relationships; manometer pressure on curved and plane surfaces; Centre
of Pressure; Buoyancy; Stability of Immersed and Floating bodies; Fluids in relative equilibrium.

UNIT-5 (B) Fluid Kinematics
Classification of flow: Uniform and Non-Uniform; Steady and Non- Steady; Laminar and Turbulent;
One, Two, Three dimensional flows; Stream lines; Streak lines; Path lines; Stream Tubes; Elementary
Explanation of stream function and velocity potential; Basic idea of flow nets.

For detailed syllabus, here is attachment;
(NITR B.Tech ME syllabus)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NITR B.Tech ME syllabus-1.pdf (79.4 KB, 306 views)
File Type: pdf NITR B.Tech ME syllabus-3.pdf (63.1 KB, 290 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in