2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th February 2017, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: New Syllabus of Lucknow University

Lucknow University is the one of the reputed university in Uttar Pradesh, which is established in 1867. This University provides various courses as B.A/ B.Com/ M.A/ M.Com/ BBA/ BCA/ MBA/ MCA etc. there are many colleges affiliated with this institute.

Lucknow University Syllabus of B.Com Part-I

Group -A

Paper (i)– Micro Economics

Unit –I
Definition Nature and scope of economics, Marshall & Robins Views. Utility of Economics, Micro vs. Macromedia of Economics study, Economic Theory and Business Decisions

Unit –II
Utility Analysis, Consumer Behaviour, Consumer’s equilibrium. Traditional approach and Indifference curve and Analysis: price income and substitution effects. Some application of indifference Curve Techniques, Elasticity of demand.

Unit –III
Production –Equal Product Curves, Scale of Production: Input-Output relationship, cost Curves; Variable cost conditions and law of variable proportions, Producers’ equilibrium. Product pricing –market format, perfect competition, Monopoly and imperfect completion.

Unit –IV
Pricing of Factors of Production, Concept of Marginal Productivity, Theories of Rent, Wages, Theories of Interest and Profit.

Paper (ii) : Currency and Banking

Unit –I
Functions significance of money, various forms of money, Causes, remedies and effects of Inflaction, Deflation and Reflation Indian Money Market, Principles Methods of Note issues, Monetary Standard – Gold Standard, Bi-metallise and Managed Currency Standard.

Unit –II
Meaning and significance of credit. Factors influencing the Volume of credit in Country, Credit Creations of Bank, Credit Control by RBI

Unit –III
Functions of Commercial Bank, Types of Banks, Unit and Branch Banking System, concept of Mix Banking, Central Bank and its functions, Reserve Bank of India, State Bank of India, Regional Rural Banks, Progress of Nationalized Banks in India.

Unit –IV
Concept of Foreign Exchange and Exchange Rate, Factors causing fluctuation in Exchange Control Meaning, Objective and Methods

Group -B

Paper – I Essential of Management

Unit –I
Nature, scope and functions of Management, Evolution of Management thought, various approaches to management, Functions of a manager, Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility.

Unit –II
Planning: Objective, Nature and process of planning, SWOT Analysis, formulation of plans, Decision making process. Organising: Objectives, nature and process of organizing formal and informal organization, authority and responsibility, delegation and empowerment, centralisation and decentralisation, concept of departmentation, Organisation Chart, Line, Staff and functional relationships

Unit –III
Staffing: Concept, Manpower Planning, recruitment, selection, training and development, performance appraisal. Directing: Concept and techniques of Motivation and Leadership. Process and barriers to communication.

Unit –IV
Controlling: Concept, Need and Techniques. Controlling: concept, process and techniques and control, Management by Objectives (MBO) Management by Exception (MBE), Essentials of effective control, Managerial effectiveness.

Paper –II : Office Management

Unit –I
Office: Meaning, importance, activities, emerging trends, concept of paperless office. Office management: Meaning, functions. Office organization: Definition, characteristics, types of organisation, office systems and procedures, charts and manuals. Office location, layout and environment, flow of work.

Unit –II
Computer fundamentals: Concept, Components and types of computers. Operating system: Concept, functions, types. Managing files and folders. Internet: Basics, features, methods of access. Applications and benefits of Computerisation and Internet in office

Unit –III
Office record management: Importance, filing essentials, modern methods of filing, modern filing devices, indexing system. Office Forms: Meaning, principles, design and control of office forms. Office Supplies: Management and control of office supplies.

Unit –IV
Office Information System: Concept, basic types and business applications. Planning and designing of Information System: System Development Life Cycle, Flow Charts. Office reports: Types of reports, report writing and precis writing. E-Commerce: Concepts, types, business models, e-payment systems

Group –C

Paper –I : Accounting

Unit –I
Accounting an introduction : Accounting Standard – national and international, Partnership Accounts – Admission, retirement & death, Dissolution of partnership firm.

Unit –II
Absorption, Amalgamation and reconstruction of companies, Liquidation of companies and preparation of a Liquidator’s Final Statment of Account.

Unit –III
Hire purchase and instalment accounts, Royalties accounts, insolvency accounts.

Unit –IV
Branch account: Voyage accounts, Accounts of empties and packages; Insurance Claim for loss of Stock and loss of profit.

Paper –II : Business Organisation

Unit –I
Definition, Nature and scope of business, Business and society, Social Responsibility of Business, Factors Determining the size of business unit. Forms of business organization – A Comparative study

Unit –II
Monopolistic combination, Production management, Rationalization & methods of remunerating labour.

Unit –III
Organization process – Importance, principles, Various aspects of organization, organization structure, Departmentation, Line and Staff Relationships, Span of control, Delegation of authority, Decentralization.

Unit –IV
Produce and stock Exchange: its organization and economic functions.

System to Download the Syllabus PDF:

Firstly, Candidates need to visit official site that is

At that point take after to scholastics area on landing page.

Select educational modules and course from the rundown.

A rundown will open of under graduate, post graduate, administration projects and recognition.

Select your course connection and Syllabus will show up on your screen in PDF record.

Save it or take the print from it for sometime later.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in