2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th June 2015, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

New Lecture Theatre Complex IMS BHU

I am going to appear in Written Test for Workshop Attendant and my Roll no. is 43910687. My Exam Center is New Lecture Theatre Complex, IMS, BHU. Would you please provide me full address of this place and tell me how many seats are there in New Lecture Theatre Complex?
Similar Threads
Thread
Theatre Studies Christ University
Radhika Theatre ECIL
IIT Madras Open Air Theatre
Radhika Theatre ECIL Hyderabad
National School of Drama Theatre
IIT Chennai Open Air Theatre
Theatre In Chandigarh
Mumbai University Theatre Art
Lecture Hall Complex IIT Kanpur
Theatre Acting
Lecture Hall Complex IITB
Keystone Theatre Towanda PA
Krishna Theatre ECIL
Theatre in Education Christ University
Theatre congolais oza na MBAnda
This University of Arizona Theatre
Monmouth University Children's Theatre
Theatre Courses in Panjab University
Theatre near AIIMS
Top BFA Musical Theatre Schools
27th December 2019, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Re: New Lecture Theatre Complex IMS BHU

Can you provide me the contact address and contact number of New Lecture Theatre Complex of Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University?
27th December 2019, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Re: New Lecture Theatre Complex IMS BHU

The Medical education in Banaras Hindu University took roots in 1920 with the establishment of Department of Ayurveda under Faculty of Oriental Learning and Theology (1922-1927).

In 1960 the Ayurvedic College was converted to the College of Medical Sciences. In 1963, MBBS training was recognized both by General Medical Council, U.K. and Medical Council of India. The Post Graduate Institute of Indian Medicine (since 1963) was merged with Institute of Medical Sciences established in 1971.

Further growth of postgraduate education continued with approval of DM and MCh courses in 10 Super specialties in 1976. In 1978, the existing Faculty was bifurcated into the Faculty of Ayurveda and Faculty of Medicine to facilitate their independent growth.

Contact Detail:
New Lecture Theatre Complex
Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi-221005

Institute of Medical Sciences

Infrastructure

The academic infrastructure of the Institute is improved with the construction of KN Uduppa multipurpose modern conference auditorium just next to the Institute for national and international scientific congresses, conferences, workshops, seminars, public extension lectures and group discussions.

The infrastructure of the SS Hospital is developing at a fast pace- the existing blood bank has been upgraded and modernized to cater for blood requirements by the hospital patients 24X7, provide blood component therapy to patients of hematological conditions and cancer.

There are1200 beds to provide the increasing needs and demands by various medical units.
The Accident and Emergency Services of SS Hospital are upgraded to accommodate 40 patients in a fully air-conditioned set up with in-house operation theatre and X-ray facilities.

The hospital is fully integrated with 16 bedded ICU for mutual support. An Oncology wing has been created with the generous grant of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for multidisciplinary treatment of cancer.

Specialization

Some of the important broad fields of research include Molecular Biology, Teratology, Electron Microscopy, Nanosciences, Oncology, Immunology and Immuno-cytochemistry, Hematology, Malnutrition, Neurosciences, Infectious diseases including Kala-azar, Sports Medicine, Community Medicine and Epidemiology, Ayurvedic Medicine, Medicinal Chemistry, Behavioral Sciences and clinical research in different disciplines.

Its Molecular Biology Unit is selected for special assistance program by the Government of India. The Faculty of Ayurveda has also been recognized as WHO Collaborating Center for research in the traditional system of Medicine and there is regular flow of foreign visitors keen to learn and know more about this system of medicine.

It is credited to have started the first Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) Center in the state of Uttar Pradesh sponsored by NACO. The first Laser machine in Uttar Pradesh for treatment of cancer was established in SS Hospital in 1990.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in