2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th December 2014, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Re: NET exam syllabus for life sciences

You are asking for the NET exam syllabus for life sciences. The The Joint CSIR-UGC JRF/LS (NET) Examination shall comprise 2 papers

PAPER I:

duration: 2 1/2 hours and maximum of 200 marks. 2 marks each question. (25×275×2)

Part -A: 40 General Science questions, attempt any 25 questions.

Part -B: 100 questions, attempt any 75 questions.

PAPER II: 2 1/2 hours duration and shall have a maximum of 200 marks (20×115×12)

Here I am uploading a file that contains the NET exam syllabus for life sciences. You can download it from. Here I am also providing you the some contains of the file this is as follows:

1. MOLECULES AND THEIR INTERACTION RELAVENT TO BIOLOGY
A. Structure of atoms, molecules and chemical bonds.
B. Composition, structure and function of biomolecules (carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids and vitamins).
C. Stablizing interactions (Van der Waals, electrostatic, hydrogen bonding, hydrophobic interaction, etc.).
D. Principles of biophysical chemistry (pH, buffer, reaction kinetics, thermodynamics, colligative properties).

Attached Files
File Type: pdf NET exam syllabus for life sciences.pdf (50.6 KB, 4275 views)
21st March 2015, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Hello I am from Uttar Pradesh and preparing for NET exam. I want complete details of exam pattern and syllabus of life science papers?
21st March 2015, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and University Grants Commission (UGC) conduct the Joint CSIR UGC NET for the appointment of Lecturers in colleges and in the faculty of Science. The test is held twice a year in the month of June and December.
CSIR-UGC (NET) Exam shall be a Single Paper Test having Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The question paper is divided in three parts
Part 'A'
This part shall carry 20 questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude. The candidates shall be required to answer any 15 questions. Each question shall be of two marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 30 out of 200.
Part 'B'
This part shall contain 50 Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) generally covering the topics given in the syllabus. A candidate shall be required to answer any 35 questions. Each question shall be of two marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 70 out of 200.
Part 'C'
This part shall contain 75 questions that are designed to test a candidate's knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts.

There will be negative marking @25% for each wrong answer.
Syllabus for life science:
1.Molecules and their Interaction Relevant to Biology
2.Cellular Organization
3.Fundamental Processes
4.Cell Communication and Cell Signaling
5.Developmental Biology
6.System Physiology–Plant
7.System Physiology–Animal
8.Inheritance Biology
9.Diversity of Life Forms
10.Ecological Principles
11.Evolution and Behavior
12.Applied Biology
13.Methods in Biology

Below are the files for sample papers of life sciences NET exam:

Sample papers for UGC NET life science

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sample papers for UGC NET life science.pdf (365.7 KB, 983 views)
8th October 2019, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

here I am looking for NET exam syllabus for life sciences paper so will you plz let me know from where I can do download its paper syllabus ??
8th October 2019, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

As you are asking for NET exam syllabus for life sciences paper so on your demand I am providing same here :

Part 'A'

This part shall carry 20 questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude. The candidates shall be required to answer any 15 questions. Each question shall be of two marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 30 out of 200.

Part 'B'

This part shall contain 50 Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) generally covering the topics given in the syllabus. A candidate shall be required to answer any 35 questions. Each question shall be of two marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 70 out of 200.

Part 'C'

This part shall contain 75 questions that are designed to test a candidate's knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem. A candidate shall be required to answer any 25 questions. Each question shall be of four marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 100 out of 200.

NET exam syllabus for life sciences paper

Attached Files
File Type: pdf NET exam syllabus for life sciences paper.pdf (165.4 KB, 29 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in