2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th May 2015, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Neeraj Scanner B.Com Bangalore University

Can you provide me the syllabus of B.Com (CBCS) Semester Scheme 2014 – 15 of Bangalore University as I want to check it before applying for admission in it?

Bangalore University offers Integrated Programmes, Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees with Diplomas and Certificates in many disciplines. It has about 497 affiliated colleges. It is a part of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and affiliated by University Grants Commission (UGC). Bangalore University is accredited by NAAC under the new grading system with a grade A.

B.Com (CBCS) Semester Scheme 2014 – 15 Syllabus

I SEMESTER
Part I Languages
Language - I:
Kannada/Sanskrit/Urdu/Tamil/
Telugu/Malayalam/Additional
English / Marathi/ Hindi
Language – II : English

Part II Optional
Financial Accounting
Indian Financial System
Marketing and Services
Management
A. Corporate Administration
OR
B. Methods and Techniques for
Business Decisions.
(Students can choose any one)

Part III
Foundation Course
CC & EC

II SEMESTER
Part I Languages
Language - I:
Kannada/Sanskrit/Urdu/Tamil/
Telugu/Malayalam/Additional
English / Marathi/ Hindi
Language – II : English

Part II Optional
Advanced Financial Accounting
Retail Management
Banking Law and Operations
Quantitative Analysis for Business
Decisions – I

Part III
Foundation Course
CC & EC

B.Com (CBCS) Semester Scheme 2014 – 15 Syllabus
REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO B.Com (CBCS) DEGREE SEMESTER SCHEME 2014 - 15
I. OBJECTIVES :
1. To cater to the manpower needs of companies in Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Financial
analysis and Management.
2. To develop business analysts for companies, capital markets and commodity markets.
3. To prepare students to take up higher education to become business scientists, researchers
consultants and teachers, with core competencies.
4. To develop human resources to act as think tank for Business Development related issues.
5. To develop entrepreneurs.
6. To develop business philosophers with a focus on social responsibility and ecological
sustainability.
7. To develop IT enabled global middle level managers for solving real life business problems
and addressing business development issues with a passion for quality competency and
holistic approach.
8. To develop ethical managers with interdisciplinary approach.
9. To prepare students for professions in the field of Accountancy - Chartered Accountancy,
Cost and Management Accountancy, Company Secretary, Professions in Capital and
Commodity Markets, Professions in life and non life insurance and professions in Banks by
passing the respective examinations of the respective professional bodies.
10. Also to develop the students for competitive examinations of UPSC, KPSC, BSRB, Staff
Selection Commission, etc.
II. ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION :
Candidates who have completed Two year Pre – University course of Karnataka State or its
equivalent with Business Studies and Accountancy as two major subjects of study in both
first and second year pre-university are eligible for admission into this course.
III. DURATION OF THE COURSE:
The course of study is four (04) years of Eight Semesters. A candidate shall complete his/her
degree within eight (08) academic years from the date of his/her admission to the first
semester. However, students successfully complete Two (02) years of the course and leave
the course, will be awarded Diploma in Commerce. Students successfully completes Three
(03) years of the course will be awarded Bachelors Degree in Commerce (B.Com.). An option
is provided to the students to continue the course to the Fourth year and those who
successfully complete the Fourth year will be awarded Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Hon.)
{B.Com, (Hon.)}.
IV. MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instruction shall be English. However, a candidate will be permitted to
write the examination either in English or in Kannada.
V. CLASS ROOM STRENGTH OF STUDENTS
There shall be Maximum of 60 students in each section.
VI. ATTENDANCE:
a. For the purpose of calculating attendance, each semester shall be taken as a Unit.
b. A student shall be considered to have satisfied the requirement of attendance for the
semester, if he/she has attended not less than 75% in aggregate of the number of working
periods in each of the subjects compulsorily.
c. A student who fails to complete the course in the manner stated above shall not be
permitted to take the University examination.
VII. COURSE MATRIX
(i) Annexure – 1 for B.Com Course Matrix
(ii) B.Com (Vocational) and BA (Restructured), the changes made in 2012-13 is retained
VIII. TEACHING AND EVALUATION:
M.Com/MBA/MFA/MBS graduates with B.Com, B.B.M, BBA& BBS as basic degree from a
recognized university are only eligible to teach and to evaluate the subjects (excepting languages,
compulsory additional subjects and core Information Technology related subjects) mentioned in
this regulation. Languages and additional subjects shall be taught by the graduates as recognized
by the respective board of studies.
VIII.SKILL DEVELOPMENT / RECORD MAINTENANCE AND SUBMISSION:
a. Every college is required to establish a dedicated business lab for the purpose of conducting
practical/on line assignments to be written in the record.
b. In every semester, the student should maintain a Record Book in which a minimum of 5
exercises/programs per subject are to be recorded. This Record has to be submitted to the
Faculty for evaluation at least 15 days before the end of each semester.
IX. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
a. There shall be a university examination at the end of each semester. The maximum marks for
the university examination in each paper shall be 70.
b. Of the 30 marks of Internal Assessment, 20 marks shall be based on Two tests. Each test shall
be of at least 01 hour duration to be held during the semester. The average of two tests shall
be taken as the internal assessment marks. The remaining 10 marks of the Internal
Assessment shall be based on Attendance and Skill Development Record of 05 marks each.
c. The marks based on attendance shall be awarded as given below:
75% to 80% = 02 marks.
81% to 85% = 03 marks.
86% to 90% = 04 marks.
91% to 100% = 05 marks.
d. Marks for skill development shall be awarded by the faculty concerned based on Skill
Development exercises provided in the syllabus of each paper. The student is required to
prepare/workout the concerned exercises in a Record Book maintained by him/her and shall
submit it the faculty concerned at least 15 days before the last date of the semester.
X. APPEARANCE FOR THE EXAMINATION:
a) A candidate shall apply for all the parts in each examination when he/she appears for the first
time. A candidate shall be considered to have appeared for the examination only if he/she has
submitted the prescribed application for the examination along with the required fees to the
university.
b) A candidate who has passed any language under Part-I shall be eligible to claim exemption
from the study of the language if he/she has studied and passed the language at the
corresponding level.
c) Further, candidates shall also be eligible to claim exemption from studying and passing in
those commerce subjects which he/she has studied and passed at the corresponding level,
subject to the conditions stipulated by the university.
d) A candidate who is permitted to seek admission to this degree course on transfer from any
other University shall have to study and pass the subjects which are prescribed by the
University. Such candidates shall not however, be eligible for the award of ranks.
XI. MINIMUM FOR A PASS:
Candidates who have obtained a minimum of 35% marks in university examination (i.e. 25 marks out
of 70 marks of theory examination) and 40% in aggregate (i.e., total of university examination and
internal assessment marks) in each subject shall be eligible for a pass or exemption in that subject.
XII. CLASSIFICATION OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES:
1. The results of the First to Sixth semester degree examination shall be declared and classified
separately as follows:
a. First Class: Those who obtain 60% and above of the total marks of parts I, II and III.
b. Second Class: Those who obtain 50% and above but less than 60% of total marks of parts
I, II and III.
c. Pass Class: Rest of the successful candidates who secure 40% and above but less than
50% of marks in part I, II and III.
2. Class shall be declared on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in this
degree course (excluding languages (part I) and non-core subjects (Part III)) as a whole. However,
only those candidates who have passes each semester university examination in the first attempt
only shall be eligible for award of ranks. The first ten ranks only shall be notified.
XIII. MEDALS AND PRIZES:
No candidates passing an external examination shall be eligible for any scholarship, fellowship,
medal, prize or any other award.
XIV. TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
a) A candidate is allowed to carry all the previous un-cleared papers to the subsequent
semester/semesters.
b) Such of those candidates who have failed/remained absent for one or more papers henceforth
called as repeaters, shall appear for exam in such paper/s during the three immediately
succeeding examinations. There shall be no repetition for internal assessment test.
c) The candidate shall take the examination as per the syllabus and the scheme of examination in
force during the subsequent appearances.
XV. PATTERN OF QUESTION PAPER:
Each theory question paper shall carry 70 marks and the duration of examination is 3 hours. The
Question paper shall ordinarily consist of three sections, to develop testing of conceptual skills,
understanding skills, comprehension skills, articulation and application of skills. The question paper
setter shall be asked to prepare TWO sets of papers with a maximum of 10% repetition. The Question
Paper will be as per the following Model:
SECTION-A
1. a,b,c,d,e,f,g,
(Conceptual questions)
Answer any Five
(05 X 02 = 10 Marks)
SECTION -B:
(Analytical questions)
Answer any Three
(03 X 06 = 18 Marks)
SECTION-C:
(Essay type questions)
Answer any THREE
(03 X 14 = 42 Marks)
Total 70 Marks

more syllabus detail to atteched in a pdf file;
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Neeraj Scanner B.Com Bangalore University.pdf (1.27 MB, 1053 views)

Last edited by sumit; 19th November 2019 at 11:11 AM.