2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd November 2014, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Necessary to purse M.Tech after BE to get job

No, M.Tech is not compulsory course after BE to get job but if you want much better job with high pay scale then I think you have to do M.Tech.
If you are not interested for higher studies then there are plenty of job opportunities after BE.

You can find lot of opportunities in various public sector firms. Some of the public sector firms recruiting mechanical engineers are listed below.

ONGC
DRDO
SAIL
NTPC
VSSC
ISRO
IOC

You can also choose for the industrial research programmes. Some fields where they can perform are-

Teaching in Engineering Colleges
Consultant in transportation, logistics and automobile engineering firms
IT firms like IBM and Wipro intake mechanical engineers in their software division which supports automobile engineering giants like Ford and other heavy machinery manufacturing giants.
Automobile
Power sector etc.

To get jobs with the public sector you can appear for the UPSC examination. They can apply for the IAS, IPS or IES exams.
11th December 2015, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

I would like to know if it is primarily necessary to pursue M.Tech after completing B.E. in Mechanical Engineering to get a job?
11th December 2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Firstly I would like to inform you that it is absolutely not necessary to go for M.Tech after completing BE in Mechanical Engineering. You can get a job with a Bachelors Degree in Engineering.

Mechanical Engineer is generally expected to fulfil the following duties:

Designing and implementing economical apparatus & modifications to improve safety and reliability.

Creating project stipulation with team mates.

Developing, scheming, testing etc.

Project supervision, Monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.

Mechanical engineering graduates are sought by employers in round about all sectors of the engineering industry.

These sectors include:

Aerospace industry where they can work in researches, designs, manufactures, operates and maintains aircraft

Automotive industry where they can work in designs, manufactures, distributes and markets motor vehicles

Chemical industry where they can work in oil companies, chemicals manufacturers and the businesses that support them (eg to build new plants or develop new process technologies)

Construction industry where they can work in designs and builds infrastructure, buildings and buildings services (eg heating and ventilation)

Defence industry where they can work to provide equipment, support and services for the armed forces and national security

Electronics industry where they can work in designs and manufactures components and complete equipment for sectors from automotive to medicine and the military

Fast moving consumer goods industry where they can work in manufacturing products such as household cleaning items, personal hygiene goods and convenience foods

Marine industry where they can work to develop and help operate vessels.

Materials and metals industry where they can work in activities which include developing new materials and manufacturing components or end products

Pharmaceuticals industry where they can work to develop and manufacture equipments useful in Pharma sector

Rail industry where they can work in designs, constructs, manages and maintains rail system components from trains and tracks to electrical power systems and train control systems

Utilities industry where they can work to help supply power, water, waste management and telecom sector as wel.
3rd March 2016, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

hii sir, I am in the Final year student of B.tech I wants to know that it is Necessary to Pursue the M.tech Course for getting a good job ?
3rd March 2016, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

According to me it is not necessary to Pursue the M.tech Course for getting a good job After completing the B.tech According to me one may get the job according to his own skiils . As if you wants to get the job in the Government PSus you may get then you may clear the GATE Examination . or if you get the more higher job then you may get involve in the M.tech course
here I am giving you the Employment areas of the BE that are as follow :

Technician - Mechanical Engineering
Sales Engineer - Mechanical Engineering
Manager - Mechanical Engineering
Process Development Technologist - Mechanical Engineering
Assoc. Prof./Asst. Prof./Professor - Mechanical Engineering
Electro - Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Engineering - Associate Professor
Laboratory Technician - Mechanical Engineering
Design Engineer - Mechanical Engineering

for your convince here I am giving you the names of the good M.tech colleges also they are as follow :
IIT Mumbai
Indian Institute of Science or I.I.Sc., Bangalore
IIT Delhi
IIT Guwahati
IIT Kanpur
IIT Chennai
IIT Roorkee
Birla Institute of Technology and Science or B.I.T.S., Pilani
Indian School of Mines University or I.S.M.U., Dhanbad
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli or N.I.T- T.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in