2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

14th April 2015, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Is NDA Better Than IIT

Sir I got good rank in IIT JEE and got 91 percentages and I also selected for NDA. I am interested in army service but now I am confused, my parents want to take my admission in IIT. So sir I want to know that the NDA better than IIT?
11th August 2018, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Re: Is NDA Better Than IIT

I completed studies and wants to study further came to know about National Defence Academy (NDA) and IIT searching for details related to both. Will you please provide me details Is NDA Better Than IIT provide basic details also provide details about career prospectus of both?
11th August 2018, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Is NDA Better Than IIT

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. It is a prestigious institution which trains future army navy and airforce cadets of the country.

On the other hand IIT is one of the best engineering college in India

Entrance Exam

NDA and IIT, both are considered among the toughest exams in India. Going by the statistics, almost 15 lakh students sit for the IIT-JEE exam each year, and only 9 thousand (approx) are selected, where on the other hand, only 29% of the candidates who apply for NDA are selected.

Career Prospects

IIT and NDA comes up with such an excellent career prospects that both are worth a struggle. Both are entirely different fields of making a better career. Where, NDA is to serve your countrys defence, in IIT you can build your country with better structure.

NDA

After 4 years of training, you will be given the Lieutenant rank (officer rank) in Indian Army, in Air Force, you will be given provisional commission in the rank of Flying Officer, and Naval cadets are selected for Executive, Engineering and Electrical Branches of the Navy.

The salary package of NDA selected officer starts from 60 to 70 thousand which is by every means rewarding enough for all the struggle he has been through. Promotions are given time to time which increases both rank and salary. As a government job, it provide the surety of salary at the end of the month, no matter what.

IIT

After clearing the final semester, there are awe-inspiring placements from IIT campuses with unbelievable salary packages. Multinational companies will give anything to have a skilled and knowledgeable engineer on their side.

There are no fixed numbers on salary of an IIT passed engineer, the starting may range from lakh to even crore per annum. And sky is the limit when it comes to promotion and raise in salary.

An IITian do not necessarily have to work under someone, with knowledge and ideas one can start his own business and become an entrepreneur.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in