2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

15th April 2015, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

NCC IIT Roorkee

I am B.Tech ECE First Year Student of IIT Roorkee (Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee) and want to join NCC (National Cadet Corps) so please give me details for joining NCC? Also give me contact details of head of NCC at IIT Roorkee?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIT Roorkee PPT
DPT IIT Roorkee
IIT Roorkee UP
Roorkee Railway Station to IIT Roorkee
When Did Roorkee Become IIT
University of Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)
IIT Roorkee SEM
IIT Roorkee for MCA
Map of IIT Roorkee
MOU IIT Roorkee
IIT Roorkee Act
IIT Roorkee Jam
IIT Roorkee NRI
IIT Roorkee GD PI
Distance Between Roorkee Station To IIT Roorkee
SBI IIT Roorkee
IIT Roorkee ECE
CSE IIT Roorkee
Roorkee bus stand to IIT Roorkee
IIT Roorkee Roorkee India
20th August 2018, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Re: NCC IIT Roorkee

I completed 12th with PCM and want to join Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee for doing engineering degree came to know about NCC cap. Will you provide basic details about NCC IIT Roorkee also provide list of activities which is performed by NCC IIT Roorkee?
20th August 2018, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NCC IIT Roorkee

The National Cadet Corps plays a significant part in moulding a person's character.

It fosters the spirit of teamwork and man-management and leads to the development of a more pleasing overall personality.

Thus NCC strives to achieve the following objectives:

To channelize the energy and dynamism of young men towards activities beneficial to them and to the society.

Constructive use of leisure time, wholesome recreation, wide cultural sympathies, abiding social consciousness and an alert mind

List of NCC Activities

1. General

Parades are regularly held to train the cadets in foot drill and command, weapon training, field craft, civil defense, map reading etc.

Guard of Honour is given on 26th January and 15th August to commemorate the Republic Day and Independence Day of India.

2. Camp

An Annual Training Camp is held to further enhance and inculcate a feeling of independence in the cadets.

Extensive knowledge about devices used in the Army like mines, bridges, nuclear and biological weapons etc. is imparted.

Self defense training is also given.

Rigorous physical training is provided in the camp with a view to increasing the physical endurance of the cadets.

Military training with rifles is also provided.

Cultural programmes are also held with a view to improving the cultural and social outlook of the cadets.

3. Social
Various social activities are also organized to encourage the feeling of belonging to the society.

NCC IIT Roorkee
Training centre in Roorkee, Uttarakhand
Address: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee, Uttarakhand 247667

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in