2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th December 2014, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NATA Entrance Exam Age Limit

No, there is no age limit criteria required for National Aptitude test in Architecture exam.

The NATA exam is conducted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA).

NATA is a national level examination conducted for the students seeking admission into under-graduate courses in architecture.

Eligibility Criteria

Those applicants who have passed SSC (Class 10th) or equivalent examination can appear for NATA 2015 but are not eligible to apply for the B.Arch courses.

Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible for NATA.

They must have studied Mathematics as a main subject in 10+2.

Paper Pattern
NATA exam consists of two papers:

Paper-I: Drawing Test
Paper-II: Aesthetic Sensitivity Test

The test is in two parts.
A paper based drawing test
Computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test.

Drawing Test
This is a two hour paper where candidate has to attempt three questions

Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
This is computer based test where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice Questions
Time allotted to answer the question is between 60 and 90 seconds depending upon the question
There is no Negative marking in this test.

Tentative dates:
Notification of Registration
Last week of February, 2015

Online Registration
1st week of March, 2015

Test Dates
2nd or 3rd week of March, 2015

Score Card
4 days after NATA 2015
NATA Question paper

27th November 2019, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the age limit and other eligibility requirements for applying for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) as I want to check if I am eligible?
27th November 2019, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.

NATA Eligibility Criteria 2019

One must have obtained 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also overall 50% aggregate score at 10+2 level.

One who has passed any 10+3 diploma exam with Mathematics as a subject and scored at least 50% marks are also eligible to apply for the exam.

One appearing in class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible to appear in NATA, however, their result will be declared valid after fulfilling the above criteria.

The marks cannot be rounded off.

There is no minimum or maximum age criterion for appearing in the exam. However, the candidate will have to meet any additional eligibility criteria that may be specified by the institute the candidate has applied for admission.

Score of NATA is valid for a period of 12 months i.e. 1 year from the date a candidate appears for NATA exam.

For students of International/ NRI status, NATA Eligibility remains the same as it is for the Indian nationals.

NATA Exam Pattern

NATA question paper will be divided into two part- Part A and B

Questions Type/Mode of Examination:

Part A will carry Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) which candidates need to answer in online mode.

Part B will carry subjective type questions that need to be answered in offline mode on the A4 drawing sheet.

Number of Questions in Each Part:

Part A will have 20 questions from Mathematics and 40 from General Aptitude sections
Part B will carry two questions. These will be Drawing-based questions.

Exam Duration: 3 hours will be allotted to complete the examination out of which the Maths and General Aptitude test will be for 60 minutes while the drawing test will be for 120 minutes.

Marking scheme: In part A, 2 marks will be awarded for every correct response. While in Part B, each carries 40 marks. There is no negative marking.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in