2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

23rd July 2018, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Re: Nagaland University Question Paper of B A

Can you provide me the syllabus of Economics B.A (Bachelor of Arts) (Pass & Honours) of Nagaland University on which the question paper is based?
23rd July 2018, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Nagaland University Question Paper of B A

The syllabus of Economics B.A (Bachelor of Arts) (Pass & Honours) of Nagaland University on which the question paper is based is as follows:

ECONOMICS B.A (Pass & Honours)

SEMESTER I
Eco-101: MICRO ECONOMICS-I

Unit I Nature and Scope of Economics:

Basic economic problem Definition of Economics Methodology of economics Concept of Equilibrium Economic models-its application. Concept of demand and supply measurement and elasticity

Unit II Theories of Consumer Demand:
Utility approach (cardinal and ordinal) Indifference curves approach; Consumer equilibrium-Hicks and Slutskys theorem, Compensated demand, Engel curve. Consumer surplus

Unit III Theory of Production:

Importance of the theory of production; Returns to a factor: total, average and marginal products; Laws of returns to scale. Laws of variable proportions Production functions-short and long run Cobb-Douglas production functions least cost combination of input. Factor substitution

Unit IV Theory of Cost:\
Cost functions; Concept of cost. Traditional and Modern theory of cost Derivation of long and short run cost curves and their relationship, recent development in cost theory. Analysis of Economics of scale-Real and Pecuniary

Unit V Welfare Economics:
Nature, scope and concept Problems in measuring social welfare Role of value judgment Criteria of social welfare-Growth of GNP, Benthams, Cardinalist and Pareto

Basic Reading List
Ahuja, H L. (1990) Advance economic Theory, S. Chand & Co, New Delhi.
Henderson,J and R.E Quandt (1980), Microeconomic Theory: A Mathematical Approach,
McGraw Hill, New Delhi
Koutsoyiannis, A. (1990), Modern Microeconomics, Macmillan
Sen. A. (1999), Microeconomics: Theory and Applications, Oxford University Press,
New Delhi.
Varian, H.R. (2000), Microeconomics Analysis: W.W. Norton, New York.
Varian, H.H. (2000), Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach, East West Press,
New Delhi.
Satya, R. Chakraborthy, Micro Economics, Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
Samuelson P.A and W.D Nordhus (1998), Economics, Tata McGraw Hills
Raj, N.C. (1975), an Introduction to Micro Economics, Macmillan Corporation Ltd
India.

Syllabus Economics B.A (Pass & Honours) Nagaland University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in